Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Power management in survival

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Hazee Daze, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hazee Daze Trainee Engineer

Hi,

I'd like to see a couple of power management strategies added to survival.

I'd like the ability to boost performance for items by cranking power up past "safety" levels. The penalty here though is potential tool burnout or impairment of course.

The suit's light is a perfect example: I want to crank it up past safety levels, have big power drain, and potential face light burnout.

Same for hand drill, 'cause I start w/minimum resources. (No ship, start w/small base gen and enough material to build assembler.) I want to pump up range on ore detection for only 30 seconds to better scout ore. The penalties are much higher energy consumption and potential for tool burnout.

Thanks,

HD

P.S.

Power management goes way, way back in gaming to make a game more engaging. It's a good strategy.

2. Acolyte Apprentice Engineer

I don't think abusive power management will be as appealing to you once you have a ship built with several hours of work put into it.

Thats not to say that SE power management isn't a total bork at the moment, it is. But its because Keen try to manage our power strategies for us, which is impossible, instead of giving us the simple prioritisation tools to manage it ourselves.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.