Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Problem installing Dedicated Server on non-steam computer

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Codger, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Codger Trainee Engineer

-- Moved to Bug Reports - See http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/missing-dedicatedserver-zip-file.7391500/ --

I would like to install the Medieval Engineers dedicated server on a separate system so my friends can play without requiring my own system to be up when they want to play when I can't.

I've run into a bump in the road with this and came to the forum for help. A search of the forum (which I may have flubbed) did not return any hits related to my problem so here I am asking for help.

According to: http://www.medievalengineers.com/dedicated-servers.html in order to install the Medieval Engineers dedicated server on a system that is not running Steam, I should find this archive file found in: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\MedievalEngineers\Tools\DedicatedServer.zip copy it over to the non-steam system and unzip it and run the server software there.

Howver, I have searched all of C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps files for such file, the closest directory I have found is: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\MedievalEngineers. I find no Tools sub directory there and a search for that file in the top level and all sub directories fails.

Perhaps my copy of the game is missing the file or the name has been changed. It is also very possible that I have misunderstood the directions.

But I'm stuck for now and any help or pointers to relevant additional information would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
    --- Automerge ---
    Perhaps I have the wrong thread?
    --- Automerge ---
    Perhaps I have the wrong thread? I saw "dedi

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.