Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Problems placing floors

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by Bigdadda06, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bigdadda06 Trainee Engineer

Hi,
    I'm a new player and I'm having some issues placing the wood floor on dirt.

Sometimes it works fine, I get the white box and I can see some floor panelling.
    Other times I get the white box, but can't see any flooring, but it lets me place the floor.

Whats the best way to put some sort of floor down to build other stuff on?

2. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

Place wooden supports and then put the floor on top of them. When you play the research quests they'll walk you through building basic structures.

3. Bigdadda06 Trainee Engineer

So we aren't meant to place the plank floors on the ground, only on the basic structures?
    What if I want to make something at ground level? Whats the best to use?

4. CptTwinkie ME Asst. Producer Staff

You can place them on the ground but it is difficult. If you want to make a large floor you will have to level the ground first using landscape stakes and a shovel. That's why I suggest using the wooden supports. They are usually much easier to place and it is their purpose. Building the floor at ground level with wooden supports is not difficult. I dig a small hole where it will be hidden under the building or take advantage of sloped terrain to get the height I want for the floor.

5. AC_Black Trainee Engineer

Bigadda06@ I made a walkway to my shed in the back yard, laid down one support in a hole I dug to ground level, then put the floor down.... each one after that connected to the last one laid. Laid about 15 took so time to get out of the red area lol but worked and looks great.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.