Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Problems with joining ME servers

Discussion in 'General' started by Dynatica, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Dynatica Trainee Engineer

Hi, I have a problem joining ME servers. It always gets stuck on Checking for mod updates. It's very annoying. Do any of you have the problem?

2. ibisgrunk Apprentice Engineer

i have a work around - when joining a new server for the first time you will get to a point where the load hangs on the mods, like "Mod 6 of 12"... if you hit cancel and go back to the main menu then join again you get the message you get (checking for mod updates) and nothing else. instead of going to main menu on the "Mod 6 of 12" example you need to quit the game and then kill the application process running in windows. then go back in and join the same server at which point it should load the mods, not give you a checking for mod update screen, and the final step will be the world loading...

again the work around - anytime you join a new server for the first time since 0.7 release you need to quit ME and kill ME in windows in order to rejoin that server. this work around only needs to be done once but has to be done every time you join a new server.

if this doesn't make sense hit me back here for clarity... anytime you get checking for mod updates that is the dead end...
    --- Automerge ---
    i just found myself in a similar situation - a server i was playing went into its auto-restart, so i dropped to main menu and selected another server i am playing. that second server got stuck at the "21 of 21 mods" screen and progressed no further for a good five minutes... in this scenario you need to exit the game and kill the ME process in windows in order to join another server.

in general if you are going from one server to another it is best to exit to windows and kill the ME process then go back in and join...

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.