Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Programmable block API documentation

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by Cuber, Jan 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Just wanted to say thank you for the CHM file, it would have been impossible for me to get anything done without it :)

2. MarauderIIC Trainee Engineer

I really found the examples contained with the online documentation to be helpful.

3. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how exactly do I open a CHM file? I've been trying to open it for two hours and I just can't get anything to work.

4. MangaYuurei Trainee Engineer

I'm assuming the properties for the Conveyor Sorter aren't available here yet?
    Just asking since I searched for them and didnt find them, so I'm either blind, stupid or they just aren't there. For the sake of my prickly ego, I'm sort of hoping its the latter. =P

5. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

It's a windows help file. It's opened by a component of MS windows. If it won't open then I would try add/remove windows components in the control panel.

6. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

I tried opening it with the help file viewer (hh.exe), but that just opened internet explorer and said "page not found" :confused: I couldn't find anything related to help files in the control panel either.

Does yours just work the first time you double click on it?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
  7. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

8. transistor77777 Apprentice Engineer

Ok this is weird, I just redownloaded the file and now it works perfectly. Must have just been a corrupt download or something.

9. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Glad you got it

10. Darkthought Apprentice Engineer

11. mexmer Senior Engineer

it's stated in OP post, that docummentation is no longer maintained, because there is (CHM) docummentation that is built with game build.

12. DoubleCouponDay Apprentice Engineer

anyone noticed a link to to documentation in the tools folder is not there? or is it just me?

13. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

Yes, 4 threads under yours :eek:ops:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Muppel Trainee Engineer

There is no file named "Documentation.chm" in the tools folder.

15. Phoera Senior Engineer

it was removed long a go(more then month)

16. Muppel Trainee Engineer

Obviously.
    But that does not help with getting the information where the documentation is now. (if there is any).

17. Phoera Senior Engineer

Steam guide, ingame scripts(GetProperties/GetActions), IDE.
    also sources.

18. Muppel Trainee Engineer

OK thanks.
    As it seems there is no actual sdk documentation.

19. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

Out of the ten thousand files which do I open to read a list of the commands and attributes needed to start working with the PB?

20. abrtn00101 Trainee Engineer

The documentation file that used to come with the game has been dead for a long time. There's a Documentation.chw file in the game files, but it can't be used because the CHM file that should come with it isn't included. We probably won't get new documentation (at least I hope we do get new documentation) until after @rexxar finishes and publishes the changes to the API.

Your best bet is to use Visual Studio 2017 and install Malware's MDK-SE. Then you can peek at interface definitions or read the tooltips for information.

If you need an list of actions to use with SetValueFloat and its contemporaries, http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/Programming is more or less complete (but it hasn't been updated in a while, so there may have been changes since). However, if we're getting new setters and getters for everything soon, so using SetValueFloat is about to become depreciated.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. EnjoyCoke Trainee Engineer

So, PB can be set to auto-run itself nowadays.
    How do I do this?

22. Wicorel Senior Engineer

In the constructor (Program()) set the Runtime.UpdateFrequency to the update interval that you want.

Code:
    Program()
    {
    	///
    	Runtime.UpdateFrequency=Update10;
    }

--- Automerge ---
    Hrm.. can't edit..

Runtime.UpdateFrequency=UpdateFrequency.Update10;

23. Malware Master Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.