Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Mod Approved! Programming Block - 1.075

Discussion in 'Programming (In-game)' started by indigodarkwolf, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. indigodarkwolf Apprentice Engineer

New version, new thread!

The documentation doesn't list any API changes for IMyAirVent, IMyOxygenGenerator, or IMyOxygenTank.

Folks will have to experiment to determine whether the new airtight hangar doors are exposed as IMyDoor, or whether K# simply doesn't have an API exposed for them. The ObjectBuilder class is MyObjectBuilder_AirtightHangarDoor, derived from MyObjectBuilder_AirtightDoorGeneric. Neither of these are derived from MyObjectBuilder_Door, so I'm not sure what to expect in K#.

Anyone else notice any changes?

2. Phoera Senior Engineer

i looked and found that new door implements IMyDoor interface.

3. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

Door opens and closes. Would they need a different interface?

4. Lynnux Junior Engineer

I think there are more descriptions now like in IMyLargeTurretBase. The Sync() functions are to sync client/server systems (multiplayer).

5. Phoera Senior Engineer

yes, this is nice.

6. indigodarkwolf Apprentice Engineer

I'm not on their dev team, so I wouldn't know. Why did they create a MyObjectBuilder_AirtightDoorGeneric to derive MyObjectBuilder_AirtightHangarDoor and then not change it so MyObjectBuilder_Door was derived from it? Does that imply not-airtight doors in the future? Does that imply that regular doors are going to become not-airtight? Or is that an aborted/unfinished attempt to slightly refactor their object model?

Ask 10 programmers to solve a problem, and you'll get 11 different answers.

7. hellokeith Apprentice Engineer

Cool to see Behavior Tree stuff in Sandbox.Common.AI. Will be very interesting to see if/when/how Keen attempts SE pathfinding in a completely dynamic world with no pre-computed navmesh.

8. Phoera Senior Engineer

this come from ME mainly now.

cuz than XML will have different namespace.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.