Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Projector feature: Mirror Mode

Discussion in 'General' started by Tenzo, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Tenzo Apprentice Engineer

Heya,

I have been running into a lot of trouble in survival when creating ships while trying to duplicate the exact design on the other side. It's very time consuming to go over to one side, identify the exact block used in that place, and then go over to the empty side and copy + inverse its orientation.

I was thinking that a Projector placed on the ship would be an excellent way to streamline building in survival without having to go into creative mode to do your more complex blueprints.

It would work kinda like this:

It would have a button called "Mirror Mode".

It would not load any blueprint in mirror mode.

The projector would be placed on the grid and mirror its existing blocks in their entirety, in an inversed orientation.

You would control the horizontal and vertical offset as per usual blueprint mode, without needing to center the placement of the projector in any particular location to obtain the mirror effect.

I think the Projector really needs this feature, because building in survival is very slow. This would at least help it along by simplifying the more cumbersome tasks. So you can spend more time on designing than on memorizing and then repeating a block pattern on the other side of your ship/vehicle.

2. Malware Master Engineer

This has been suggested before. Go to the support site, I'm sure you'll find it there to vote on. If not - to make a post. Either way, that's the only way to reach Keen with suggestions.

(and link it here so people who find your post can go and vote. I know I will if I haven't already - although I probably have)
    --- Automerge ---
    Here's one I found with a quick search
    https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/publictest/topic/mirror-option-for-projector
    Search still sucks though, I can't search older posts without it just hanging on me

... Because "load more" only causes a 404 :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  3. Roxette Senior Engineer

Because websites are even harder than writing game software, obviously >.>

4. Malware Master Engineer

@Roxette I dunno who made that site... but my experience with such "premade" sites is generally not good.
    --- Automerge ---
    Ah. "UseResponse".