Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Protonic Inversal Industries -Lots Of Awesome Pics!

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Protonic, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Bio:
    Protonic Inversal Industries was founded 2100 by Calvin 'Protonic' Parsons(Me), in the [Redacted] System. Protonic Inversal Industries is a fully independent Private Military Corporation,with entire systems under our control. We pride ourselfs on our independence & free-will but more importantly on our Navy. Which is incredibly powerful,hence the name 'Protonic Inversal' (which is a stupidly OP weapon in Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues:101:). Our Navy is split into multiple fleets,many of them mercenary fleets,sold to the highest bidder. As a result, my corporation is richer than most,so our tech is more advanced!
    So what are you waiting for, by our services now for the Low Low price of: £999999999999999.99!

Off Topic:
    I am a relatively new player to Space Engineers, so many of these ships will be my first.
    Please add constructive criticism and not :mad:. I do listen to advice!

I hope you enjoy my creations
    :pbjt:
    P.S - I love Role Playing

• Like Like x 1
  2. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  3. Protonic Trainee Engineer

4. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  5. Protonic Trainee Engineer

6. Protonic Trainee Engineer

***Reserved***

7. Howitz Junior Engineer

Efficient , good looking, my type of ships :-D good job

• Like Like x 1
  8. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Thanks Man :)

9. Protonic Trainee Engineer

UPDATE:
    Workshop Links Added to all Ships!

10. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Anyone else have any criticism:confused:

11. Protonic Trainee Engineer

New ship coming tomorrow!!

12. CruentaUltio Apprentice Engineer

Nice ships, and welcome.
    I love the look of the unnamed ship, I'd give it a lizard name sorta, like Gila.
    What's the deal with the unconnected conveyor pipes and the exposed battery in the front though?

13. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

Well it seems your off to a good start. From what I can tell You are in the process of creating a unique style/look for your ships, which is good thing because most payers struggle in this area. What you need to do now is take a look at some of the really good ships out there and sees at you can incorporate in to your designs to improve upon them. This's will not happen over night and takes time. Even some of the best ship builders in the space engineering community started out just like you did. In time if you stick with it, your designs will begin to improve and become better and better.

And remember a design is not perfect when there is nothing left to add. But when there is nothing left to take away.

Keep up the good work!

High Ground

14. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Thanks for all the criticism ! I will take it all on board.
    The pipes on the front are their because it is a template,by that I mean you could stick grinders or welders or rockets on the front and not have to change anything.The conveyors on the side are there...mostly be a use I think they look industrial and cool.
    Once again thanks for the advice!

15. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Thanks so much for the kind words, I am so glad you like my style, I love your ships too!
    Do you have any idea for a colour scheme?
    Thanks again:pbjt:

16. High Ground Apprentice Engineer

For a color scheme you want somethings that sets your ships apart from the rest but represents you. My colors are White, Black and Yellow (or what ever the hell I feel like paint a ship at the time I build it). Generally you need a primary color, a secondary color and at least one accent color. This will allow your ship to stand out from the crowd.

17. CruentaUltio Apprentice Engineer

That's a nice idea my friend!
    You could make use of merge block and connectors to create a modular tip with exchangeable tools (welders, grinders, drills and even missiles like on your military variant)

18. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Bringing back this dead thread. I have a new ship! Protonic Inversal Industries is ALIVE!

19. Protonic Trainee Engineer

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

UNKNOWN SHIP DETECTED!
    SUSPECTED DESIGNATION: VANGUARD
    ORIGIN: PROTONIC INVERSAL INDUSTRIES
    CLASS: UNKNOWN
    WARNING TO ALL VESSELS
    HIGHLY DANGEROUS

***END TRANSMISSION***

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Not yet finished...
    What do you guys think?
    Also thanks to IMDC or @JD.Horx for the cockpit design and engine design!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

I like it, but there's one glaring mechanical flaw, the positioning of the rocket launchers. When turning, or even at random, since they're not out in front of anything that could be struck, and embedded in the craft, you could potentially destroy your own launcher assembly.

Distributing your thrusters widely like that is generally a good idea. Makes disabling a craft more difficult.

21. Dante McFox Junior Engineer

I like the basic design, could use some rounded edges IMO, but thats a matter of taste...
    One question occures tho: whats the upgrade modules on top for? Just decoration?

22. Protonic Trainee Engineer

@Dante McFox thanks for the feedback and yes the modules are just for decoration

@Vaskadar I agree but the ship is designed primarily for broadsiding and due to constrictions with turrets I can't mount them so yes...
    Could you recommend any good weapon mods that i could use to replace the missile launchers?

Thanks again for the feedback, it means so much to me!!!

23. MisterSwift Apprentice Engineer

If I may, OKI Weapons Collection (DX11)

24. Vaskadar Apprentice Engineer

If possible, shy away from mods, but if I had to recommend one, one of the railgun mods.

25. Protonic Trainee Engineer

Been working on the frigate still is not ready but, i made a new ship!

26. Protonic Trainee Engineer

The Pack Mule:
    A small freighter that gets cargo where it needs to go even if it means through methods of combat, with 4 gyros and 5 small turrets + 1 gatling it can amply defend itself it is also pretty fast and jump drive equipped.

Pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the HUD in the pictures , forgot to turn it off :eek:ops:
    Also, What do you guys think of the color scheme?

Get it here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528836909

27. estile606 Trainee Engineer

that's a good color for a freighter, though I would darken the grey parts up a bit.

28. Protonic Trainee Engineer

15:10
    ***WARNING SIGHTING OF UNIDENTIFIED SHIP DETECTED***
    BATTLE GROUP ALPHA ENGAGING...
    15:30
    BATTLE GROUP ALPHA AT 25% CAPACITY
    FALL BACK...
    15:40
    BATTLE GROUP BETA CALLED IN
    15:50
    TARGET DISPATCHED...
    ***END LOG***

AFTERMATH:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.