Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Public Testing Stream with Marek Rosa - Q&A transcript/summary

Discussion in 'General' started by AlfieUK4, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. AlfieUK4 Trainee Engineer

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Great post. I can understand the rationalization for moving the airtight function and programmable blocks to the experimental column.

Perhaps they can move the air tight calculations to the client side as the effects of an area being pressurized only affects the individual player's avatar from the perspective of the game.

Perhaps some admin controls over the maximum complexity of a script per tick would be helpful in a server situation. If the script is drawing too much from the server then it produces an error message for the person who owns the block?

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with Keen's answers. It seems they are more developed and thoughtful than previous Q&A sessions from the past.

3. Malware Master Engineer

Programmable block? Yes. I know very well why that's getting moved.

Pressurization? If that isn't dealt with and moved back in the survival update, that's probably gonna be a game-ender for me. I don't have many demands for the survival of this game. Pressure management, that's not only survival, but engineering. My minimum requirement for survival.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Rotors, pistons, air tight living spaces. Without them it's just Blocks In Space.

5. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Ahem, it's 'Void Bl0Xx0rz':TM

Also, in the transcript it clearly explains how Non-Experimental mode will not be something you guys will be using....

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.