Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Purple Screen - Menus aren't showing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by trust42, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. trust42 Trainee Engineer

Whenever I start the game, the entire screen is purple (I think purple, I'm color-blind). The menu is there, I just can't see anything. I'm able to blindly click on buttons, and sometimes can bring up the image of the main menu screen, but anything I press after that won't show any new menus (they still pop-up and remain click-able, I just can't see them).

Here's my log file: http://pastebin.com/vdBmfSJb

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Mishka Junior Engineer

Please can you provide a screenshot

3. hodgoes2001 Trainee Engineer

It is a Brown screen for me.. same issue... if i press enter a few times i usually get into the game... but it is the easy start one... so i can't change any world setting or anything...

4. trust42 Trainee Engineer

Steam overlay won't work, so I can't take a screenshot that way. Whenever I use the "Print Screen" key, it takes a snapshot of what's behind the ME window.

http://imgur.com/UgqhTjK

No Icon on the taskbar for it, though if I Alt+Tab out, the icon is there, but the window remains active on the screen; the only thing I can click on (without clicking in the game window) is the taskbar, so I've been having to use Alt+F4 to close the game.

5. GothicCorpse Trainee Engineer

yep getting the same issue it starts up just purple you can hear the music then it kinda goes brown with a purple looking eye takes ages then gets to the menu and then it just keeps hanging so you cant change options or do new game and you also cant quit out alt and tab doesnt seem to work so you end up having to restart pc or sign out :S

using a amd r9 290 if that helps also fx 8350

6. Napi1996 Trainee Engineer

Same issue here.
    But I can play after pressing some buttons :D. Yeah... really like the physics. :D

7. trust42 Trainee Engineer

I also have the FX 8350, and an AMD R7 200 series.

Also, I'm able to enter the game by hitting "Enter" a few times, but if I try to quit to the Main Menu, the screen freezes on the in-game menu, but the main menu is interactable.

8. Inspectorbean Trainee Engineer

Same bug is happening to me. Maybe this is an AMD issue?

Im on a AMD FX-8350 with a AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series on Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.

9. sirbeatu Trainee Engineer

i have an amd FX 8350 and a gtx 670 and have this issue looks like amd issue maybe?

10. Callum3133 Trainee Engineer

Same thing is happening to me, and I've got a Nvidia GPU. Hope this get's sorted soon :(

11. binarygod Trainee Engineer

12. Callum3133 Trainee Engineer

Just a heads up. To those who are desperate to play. I spammed enter and got into the game, so yeah.

13. kejn ME Tester Staff

Hey guys,

thanks for posting. We are aware of this problem and we are working on it. Please be patient.
    Also if you spam enter, you will (most of the times) eventually get in the game in quickworld.

14. kejn ME Tester Staff

Also please provide us screenshots if you can.

15. binarygod Trainee Engineer

kejn,

Unfortunately every screenshot I've been able to take shows only what is behind the ME window. So I took a vid with my cell phone...

http://binarymethod.com/files/purple.mp4

16. binarygod Trainee Engineer

Oh forgot to tell you, right at the end of the video where I hit Alt+F4 is when you see the interface flash for a second before the window closes

17. binarygod Trainee Engineer

from hodgoes2011

"How to fix for the moment... rename the video folder in the ME directory, your pc is having problems playing the video that is paying the background... renaming it removed the video and you can play the game. :)"

This works for me

18. 8hubbard Trainee Engineer

this really works!!

19. 8hubbard Trainee Engineer

this fix really works!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.