Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Purple

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by TurkeySandvichs, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TurkeySandvichs Trainee Engineer

I know it's a small thing but when i'm creating ships i'm always trying to cycle to a colour that isn't there. Purple is an awsome colour and I know a lot of people would love to see it on ships.

2. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Aw yissss.. +1

3. Vermillion Senior Engineer

Orange and Brown would be good too.
    Construction Units and Rusted Ships.

4. piddlefoot Senior Engineer

+1 for PurPle ,orange and brown ! Century and Narn fleets right there !

5. JNC Apprentice Engineer

I feel like the last time any of use heared of a game that left colors out due to system requirements was atari or something... Whatever the problem is, I feel like it's a silly restriction on a modern sandbox =/

6. Evilman666 Trainee Engineer

Purple, Orange, Brown yes please! Gotta make my covenant cruiser some how.

7. PlaZmaButter Apprentice Engineer

There'd be a way to work around the performance hit the colors cause. I think the way the devs are doing it right now is just really inefficient.
    We technically could have sliders and the like.

8. Thenerdylord Apprentice Engineer

9. AstTheCat Trainee Engineer

Yes!

+1

10. tekknikk11 Trainee Engineer

+1
    also gold and silver

11. RedPhoenix Moderator

Stop that +1.

There wont be more colors for now until the devs have figured out another system for coloring blocks.

12. TurkeySandvichs Trainee Engineer

Odd how they didn't add in these basic colours to begin with. Like JNC said, you don't see that in a modern sandbox :confused:

13. RedPhoenix Moderator

Its NOT because the devs didn't want colors, it is just that they haven't yet figured out how to actually integrate this into their code.

14. Vermillion Senior Engineer

They did it pretty well with the first batch of colors.

15. RedPhoenix Moderator

Not really, because all colors are different textures. Adding more colors would add to the size of the gamefiles.

16. Leon026 Apprentice Engineer

Chrome.

So we can bling-bling out our ships! What.... >_>

17. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

There is no FX for render, render mode, amount, color, atc... ? ( evidently not ? )

FX Color (R G B) ? ? ?

Plab B ?

Us basic half transparent texture ( with metal texture you see on ship surface: black lines and rivets ) and second texture under/over this texture for color change ( or make color texture 1 pixel so it will have almost no size and copy it over all object ( block ) or expand it with setting over object ? ) so all colors will have minimal size ? There is more ways how do it... im just not sure how they want do it :confused:

+ still im not sure how they will change surface effects like shining, color intensity, hightlight one texture over second texture without fx setting...

18. Thalion Apprentice Engineer

I think there was a post where it was explained why more colours are a hassle. It is basically as RedPhoenix said, each color is its own texture and as they (the devs) don't find an alternative to that texture based system they won't add more colors. They're far too ressource intensive right now. Yes, there are other ways to implement colors as as pure textures but i think the devs are well aware what is possible and what not in their engine without thousands of hours.

19. Bobbyjoeangus Trainee Engineer

+1
    I really can't believe they haven't made purple a colour!

20. darth_biomech Senior Engineer

Well, how about that: implement color mask, and let game render flat color value over that mask. One mask texture + color value would certainly be less expensive than gazilion colored by hand diffuse textures.

21. Thalion Apprentice Engineer

Yeah biomech, there actually are solutions. I'm well aware of that and i believe the devs are too. We all, the devs included, would like to have more colors, but i dare to say how something can be technically implemented in this engine.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.