Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Quality of life stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by MrTrilby, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MrTrilby Trainee Engineer

1: The option to change the size of the dot that is the reticle - not everyone has perfect vision.
    2: The option to change the reticles colour - white is not always the best colour.
    3: The ability to change the day to night ratio - half of the game involves stumbling around in the dark.... why is this a thing really? I only have so much time to play the game, why am i being punished for that? ok i know im not but until i advance far enough to make standing torches half my gaming experience is darkness and finding something to do until it's day, hint: that something to do is not playing this game.
    4: A calendar block so we can see how far into a season/how much is left of a season... oddly a calendar is really important to a farmer - also really useful for people joining a server after day 1 or after a break.
    5: Blocks ghost/placement thingy by default being further away or defaulting to where you last put it - because thats kinda useful

Sorry if this is ranty but other than a few things i think might be bugs (Floors not snapping to the top of foundations, putting walls around a foundation and being unable to finish them due to not being able to find the hit box to build them) ME has so much more going for it than SE and i really want to enjoy it

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. HamBone Trainee Engineer

3. Michael_Loney Trainee Engineer

I agree with HamBone, too many things going on.

Alas, my responses:
    1/2 ) Sure, why not.
    3) The day night is about 50/50, the two biggest factors are latitude and terrain.
    I am gonna guess you started at/around the safe area, far north and in a valley, both of these factors cause a shorter day / night ratio.
    4) Can't disagree, maybe in the future when they make the drops dependent on sun light to grow.
    5) Totally agree, maybe make a separate thread for this alone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

On behalf of the day/night ratio:
    Consider that you're on a sperical planet. Think of our planet. When it's day where you are, on the other side of the planet, it's night. If you are close to the equator, days are quite about as long as nights and it gets dark really fast.
    Now look at ME. Let's say you are in Rintel. If you could adjust the day/night ratio (which you could back when the world was still flat), a longer day in Rintel would mean the night in Levos is longer as well. That would mean the planet would spin faster when it's night in Rintel, which doesn't make much sense.
    The long nights have been bugging me as well. My solution: Just shorten the day duration to about 10 minutes. Sure, your days won't be long. But so will the nights. I've found that its more enjoyable to efficiently work for about five minutes and wait another five doing some of the few things you can easily do at night (cooking, smelting, crafting etc.) rather than wasting your daytime and waiting for half an hour doing nothing of worth.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mirek Apprentice Engineer

I dont understand, what is wrong with the day/night cycle? I usualy work "outside" during the day (cuting trees farming, building)
    and do the other stuff during the night. (Smelting crafting mining) And off course i use torches. torches are good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Serik Trainee Engineer

I'm happy with the change of day and night,
    move to the equator

7. Yurets Trainee Engineer

At some point I gave up and made a constant day =) Unfortunately it is impossible to move the Sun in constant day, so I can't just go to another side and move the Sun with me.

Also, with a new system of food and well-being, it would be great, if well-being could improve time of getting used to darkness. Because I hate moments when I go into a shadow and can't see a thing.

Calendar would be great indeed. Because I have no idea what day is it and what season.

8. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Oh, come on. Just build Stone Henge or something like a good neolithical star gazer. :D

WAIT. I wonder if you could actually do that.

9. Yurets Trainee Engineer

Maybe it is possible. Unfortunately, I have no idea how it works (and no desire to find out). There are more interesting things, for example production of spoons.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.