Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Question on Basic Drone Follower Script

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Abyzmi, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Abyzmi Trainee Engineer

Hey friends,

I have this script that I partially created using the drone AI that spawn over pirate bases in-game.

List<IMyTerminalBlock> list = new List<IMyTerminalBlock>();
    public void Main(string argument, UpdateType updateSource)
    {
    GridTerminalSystem.GetBlocksOfType<IMyRemoteControl>(list);
    var remote = list[0] as IMyRemoteControl;
    remote.ClearWaypoints();
    Vector3D player = new Vector3D(0,0,0);
    bool success = remote.GetNearestPlayer(out player);
    if(success){
    remote.AddWaypoint(player, "Player");
    }
    remote.SetAutoPilotEnabled(true);
    }

My problem here is that the bool success never equals true, and therefor never updates the waypoints in the remote block.

I assume that me, being a player, would trigger the remote block's nearest player attribute.

Any suggested fixes for this?

Also, is there a method for the remote block that says to get the nearest *enemy* player instead of just the nearest player?

2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

GetNearestPlayer is only available for scripts on blocks owned by the PIRATE faction.

You'll need to use other methods. such as a sensor. to get the location of a player

3. Abyzmi Trainee Engineer

Okay. Thanks.

Disappointing but I suppose that makes sense. Would be pretty OP if everyone had drones that went straight over to their enemy.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.