Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Question to the staff / devs / marek about blocks and DLC

Discussion in 'General' started by zopzodeman, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

'2 + 2 = 4'

"I'm still waiting to see the facts behind this'.
    --- Automerge ---
    So Hearsay then, which is unreliable at best and propaganda at worst.

ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Malware Master Engineer

@Burstar You can't be serious... You're hopeless :D... Perhaps I'm not the only one who could do with some introspection, hm? The people who work at Keen aren't evil monsters who lie to everyone they meet, you know. The leadership makes... questionable choices, to be diplomatic, but the employees who work there are just normal, everyday people. Nice people. They're just doing their job.

Well. You just keep on being angry. I'm sorry you feel this way, but it's your choice and none of my business... as I said, pointless to provide information to people who refuse to listen. But trust me, this kind of attitude will bite you in the backside hard one day. So long :D

• Like Like x 5
  3. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

This isn't about the workers, this is about the management. And for the last time, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm saying your biased opinion is based on information that I do not find reliable enough to convince me to change my opinion of them. One is insulting, the other is respectful valid disagreement.

So keep indulging in your sunken cost fallacy, that attitude will bite you in the arse as well. :tu:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

:munch:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

More like 2 + 2 = 22

6. Helaton Apprentice Engineer

Since we're going philomathisophical. Why does everyone have to read so much into it?

2 + 2 = 2 + 2

Can't it just be accepted for what it is? Why does it have to be together? Why must it be changed? Is it changing really better than its original state? What is the meaning of life? Why does a cheesecake masquerade as a pie when it clearly has cake in its name?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Does anyone know how many new DLC units have been purchased? How popular has the additional content been thus far?

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You know, I was wondering the exact same thing last night. I wonder if it's been worthwhile for them. I hope so.

9. Malware Master Engineer

Apparently it has sold very well, yes

[edit] Never mind, I could have sworn I saw some sort of list somewhere but now I can't find it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

Well, I don't expect Keen was hoping to make enough money to open a new studio. I think it was an exercise to find out how many people really, really wanted interior decoration blocks so much that they would pay for them. Remember, there were many staffers at Keen that literally could not understand why someone would want a bunk block or a toilet block. Their idea of building a ship was to build the ship to look the way you want, then put a cavity somewhere inside for your character, and fly the ship third person. To them, there was no part of Space Engineers that involved being inside a ship for any reason other than to control it. They appeared to have a lot of support from the community in that regard. However, as it turns out, once they made the blocks available everyone wanted them anyway, and the one's that didn't want them are suddenly upset because they're not free.

I know, the anger is mostly over the cockpit block, which has been and still is free as a mod.

Point is that, hopefully, Keen's staff has learned that most players want as much detail inside their builds as outside.

11. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

They disregarded the immersive experience. That was more than apparent when they went to nix the airtight feature.

Hopefully we get more armor shapes... even as DLC I would support that. Loads more armor shapes available in vanilla as DLC would raise some more cash and not change the game balance... just people with nicer looking ships they can use on ANY server.

12. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

What's weirdest to me about this is that, on several of Xocliw's Twitch streams, I've seen him do detailed reviews of popular blueprints, in which he points out just the sort of detail that makes for an immersive experience. I remember him enthusing over one design in which he was impressed that the player could reach all the critical blocks for maintenance from within the ship. So they've had at least one person right at hand, on the payroll, who could make this point to Keen.

I'm hoping this DLC suggests they're starting to get their heads around it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cetric Junior Engineer

You only have to study the workshop and mods there, read people's comments, to get an impression what is needed beyond vanilla. And I suppose that is what they did. Success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Malware Master Engineer

Oh they have several people on payroll who does. One other than Xoc specifically comes to mind, who have been screaming for these things... We have Allies at Keen for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ThisIsADogHello Apprentice Engineer

Ahhh, so THAT's why the programmable block seems to be the one part of this game that, despite its complexity and my abuses of it, has been pretty much bug-free in my experience. It was developed out of house.

16. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I hope the "I told you so.."'s are still ringing off the walls.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.