Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

reactors

Discussion in 'Survival' started by georgiajamie71, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. georgiajamie71 Trainee Engineer

how do you put uranium in small reactor on Space Engineer

2. Hazee Daze Trainee Engineer

Hi,

Look carefully at the reactor. It has six sides. One side has a "door." Look at the door and move close to it 'till it turns yellow. Then press the "i" key. You can now access the inventory for the reactor and put uranium ingot in it (not unprocessed uranium.)

Good luck!

3. georgiajamie71 Trainee Engineer

Thank you. It’s for my son. He will try tomorrow. He said thank you.

4. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

Just a note. Conveyors only work if they are already powered. If you have conveyors attached to the the door side of the small reactor you need to supply power to the ship first either by having it docked using a connector or attaching temporarily another small reactor with direct access to its door. Once done you can then drop uranium ingots into any other container connected to the same conveyor system and it will move into the ships main small reactor via the now powered conveyor. Then you can undock the ship or grind off the temporarily attached small reactor. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I always expose one small reactor’s port to an accessible position just for the purpose of getting everything going.

6. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

It's always good to have a start-up reactor on your ship designs. This is a reactor that is accessible from the outside of the ship or in a space that doesn't require opening any doors from the outside. For small grid small reactors, this means having at least one reactor that's NOT connected to your conveyor system. Large grid small reactors have two ports so you can conceivably build on that is conveyored AND accessible externally.

Another strategy is to have at least one battery. If you're building a ship in survival, turn this battery off as soon as you can (even if it's not fully built) and then turn it on when you're ready to fuel the reactor. This will give you enough power to at least get uranium to your reactors.

7. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

The reactors have two ports, not one.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

Small grid small reactor have 1 port, Large grid small reactor have 2.
    Do not make it confuse, the question is access a small reactor inventory to put uranium!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

The exact question is "how do you put uranium in small reactor on Space Engineer" Does this question say anything about the small reactor being a small-grid reactor?? You are correct, but only for a small-grid small reactor. All the others have two ports.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

Small reactors, 2 types: small grid and large grid
    Reactors = plural

1 = singular
    2 or more = plural

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

You've completely missed the point. I conceded in my last post that you are correct in stating that a small-grid small reactor only has one port. The original question asks about a small reactor and says nothing about a small-grid small reactor. You're beating a dead horse here. But beat away if that's what makes your boat float.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Saberwulfy Apprentice Engineer

I agree, but i'm posting just to confirm my disagree about continue it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Calaban Junior Engineer

ohh I think I understand. OP is talking about how to fuel a small grid small reactor, if its positioned to be already piped up.

The answer is that you need a second temporary reactor, or battery, to power the grid to make the pipes work. I typically have an "APU" (Aux power unit) like IRL war planes have, just for that problem. It is simply another small reactor, with its one hatch facing out in the open so I can manually load the fuel into it, and thus power the ship- and the pipes, so that then the uranium will feed into the other reactors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hazee Daze Trainee Engineer

Kind of funny--I had the exact same problem when I started SE. I started in creative, got my first ship rigged up, then switched to survival and couldn't figure out why it was unpowered. Took some head scratching and tutorial watching to finally figure it out.

15. HellBornSoldier Trainee Engineer

Wouldn't it be great if reactors and such that rely upon conveyors to show (unconnected) as they do when (incomplete) when no convey is detected?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.