Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Real Earth Planet

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Thales M., Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Few games have spherical game world. I think there must real earth planet. I would pay it as DLC.
    Currently there is no water but ice or desert would be OK too. Building bridges over river and the most importantly building in real places would be great.

2. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

I think you are underestimating the size of Earth.
    The diameter of Earth is 12,742 km. Our current planet is 10 km.
    The surface area of Earth is 510,100,000 km². Our planet is approximately 314 km².

What you are asking for could take years and would not be playable in our game engine.

3. Thales M. Senior Engineer

I am not talking about size. Keep current size of course but create real landscape; Europe, Asia...etc

4. REDSHEILD Junior Engineer

Given the scale of ME planets I feel like real earth terrain would be horribly compressed.

5. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

How is this not a mod yet?

Sometimes I wish we could have a Discworld map, how fun would it be to try an make Ankh- Morpork?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Thales M. Senior Engineer

There is for Space Engineers but mountains are too high.

7. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

If you want a Mini-Earth then make a Mini-Earth. Fill up the workshop!

8. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Earth or Discworld? Wait, scratch that, the elephants and the turtle probably make it a no go.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thales M. Senior Engineer

Probably.

If the planet is made of only small part of the Earth, for example British Isles or Italy, it would be great. But this world would not be sphere anymore. It would be close to flat maps. Is it such thing possible in modding?

10. Ghostickles Senior Engineer

Yes. I'm chipping away at a rendition of Landskron castle in Austria using a terrain map by @Regnilse that is very accurate however to simply capture the region to scale it uses an over sized planet which causes some LOD issues. 50 square kilometers (*ish) sounds about right to fit any one side of the planet, isn't much. Here is the workshop link to the mod. http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1126579127
    There is another thread about using world machine to smooth seams, not sure how far one could take it.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.