Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Realistic, x3 or x10 ?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Lysanderize, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lysanderize Trainee Engineer

I just wanted to know what mode you used during your survival games. I use the realistic one, and I thinks it's ok, but are you guys using the x3 or x10 function ?

2. mastpayne Senior Engineer

I started with the x10 'cuz I figgered there would be bugs to start off with and I wanted to try it out without too much struggle.

I think the only diff between the three is - the character carrying capacity is larger in the 'x's...maybe more room in the containers - I'm led to believe there is more ore in the 'x's, but not sure -

Otherwise, refining times are the same, assembly times are the same.

Suit energy use is the same.

Uranium burn time is the same.

I dunno. They seem fairly similar except for the ease of carrying things around.

3. Vermillion Senior Engineer

Ore is "softer" in x3 and x10 afaik. So you get more, faster. Other than that, the other function is inventory size.

As for what I use: 1x Realism, 3x Refinery, 1x Assembler.
    And I thank the gods that we didn't get the second version of refinery times that was tested. It worked out at about 220 minutes to refine enough Iron Ore to make 1 Large Light Armor Block.

4. Skeloton Master Engineer

Inventory capacity x10
    Assembler x3
    refinement x3/x10 depending on how I feel at the time.

5. tcezar Trainee Engineer

In my first run, I tried the x10 just to see how stuff really works

But for now just x3

6. Leadfootslim Senior Engineer

x3 all around feels about right; I can definitely see the three settings as "hard/medium/easy". By that logic, I have no trouble playing on Medium, especially given how tough it is to begin with.

7. Maul555 Apprentice Engineer

Refinery x10 for sure... everything else x3

8. MadPhil Trainee Engineer

Everything set on realistic here. We're running an MP map with a bunch of friends, and with everything set to realistic next to drilling asteroids our main occupation is negotiating.... "I'll give you X iron for X gold..." :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. ctiberious Apprentice Engineer

I'm using x3 refinery, x1 assembler and x3 storage, but once conveyors are working I'll likely switch storage back to x1 as I only increased it because I get frustrated moving materials from my miner to my refinery at 400L at a pop. :)

10. DJB Systems Trainee Engineer

I use x3 refinement and x10 inventory

x10 for construction seems too easy for me.

11. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Realistic on all.

Hardcore all the way

12. Fidel Battista Apprentice Engineer

all x 10, maby capacity x3. everything else is pure masochism

13. xtom Trainee Engineer

I'm playing all on realistic at the moment.

14. Malak Trainee Engineer

I did the sole Survivor on Realistic(before we had a choice), but 3X for everything else. If you are by yourself, Realistic is just TOO aggravating. 10X seems too much like cheating.

15. Samwise the Brave Trainee Engineer

1x is too hardcore; 10x is too easy. 3x is a happy medium for me.

16. Lancar Senior Engineer

Realistic on all. Anything less would be a blow to my pride.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Romulus017 Trainee Engineer

Realistic on all for me. Started on Crashed Red Ship, its been a blast with some close calls but i haven't died yet so doing well so far :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Grim Apprentice Engineer

All realistic. Anything else is lame.

19. McHendrik Apprentice Engineer

Turning back-and-forth 30 times to empty a drill into refineries is lame. *grin*

I run x1 but I have inventory temporarily at x10 until conveyors, etc., are working.

20. Maul555 Apprentice Engineer

The inventory system is way too limited in my opinion... Does anyone have any doubt of what we would really be doing if this was real life? I would not load everything into my pockets... I would make a nice large pile of whatever I need, tie it all together tightly, and then turn off the gravity so I can move an enormous load with very little effort all at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
  21. McHendrik Apprentice Engineer

Exactly. I have had a suggestion for this percolating in the background threads of my brain for a couple days. It's not fleshed out enough to post yet. But I am trying to make a suggestion that actually fits in with SE as it is, since that makes it most likely to be implemented.

22. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Needing to use higher settings to get things done is lame. *bigger grin*

23. ANWRocketMan Trainee Engineer

I use x10 refinery speed. But realistic ore amounts. I get bored waiting for essential stuff to finish...

24. riveras Trainee Engineer

My only issue with Survival at the moment is Suit Energy Drain is not realistic and is way to fast. This kind of makes the game a bit unplayable if going outside the cockpit.

Some kind of an update is needed for the astronaut itself outside of the cockpit in order to perform operations otherwise every 3 minutes i have to recharge

25. Lysanderize Trainee Engineer

I am actually playing a world in all realistic, and even though it is kind of a pain to transfer all the ores from the drills to the refiners, everything else is OK. I had no problem of low energy (suit and generator) and I have been able able to build a mining ship fairly quickly, and even an other refinery (although it took 1200 steal plate to build, which is a LOT of iron...). I'm really looking forward to conveyors and some kind of docking.

26. McHendrik Apprentice Engineer

I don't think they should change the suit energy by too much, I think they should let us make tools that have their own power supplies and burn up a bit of uranium or something. Another idea mentioned is to tether the suit to a ship for unlimited power, kind of like spacewalks today.

27. Aurenian Apprentice Engineer

I think the suit energy works fine as is. If you find yourself working on a long welding project just make a little runabout ship that you can bring with you to recharge on site.

I've been playing on x3, purely because there is currently no sensible way to move things around in bulk. When that part of the game experience becomes "realistic" I'll move back to x1.

28. paswert Junior Engineer

3x Assembly

3x Refinery

1x Inventory (Work Bees)

29. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

You can customize individual rates? I must of missed that. I thought it was an all or nothing setting.
    That said, I'm using 10x right now, for starting out at least.

EDIT: Apparently when I made my world, there was a bug and my refine rate was set to 1. Note, this was the build before the last one, that added the option to customize specific rates (which I also just found in the patch notes).

2014-03-25 21:32:40.470 - Thread: 5 -> MySession.Static.InventoryMultiplier = 10
    2014-03-25 21:32:40.470 - Thread: 5 -> MySession.Static.RefinerySpeedMultiplier = 1
    2014-03-25 21:32:40.470 - Thread: 5 -> MySession.Static.AssemblerSpeedMultiplier = 10
    2014-03-25 21:32:40.470 - Thread: 5 -> MySession.Static.AssemblerEfficiencyMultiplier = 10

No wonder I was so annoyed by the refine rate, even in '10x'.

30. BiggLou55 Apprentice Engineer

Right now 3x or 10x. 1x is just painfully slow. Maybe once there are persistent world servers, 1x might be ok, but the cargo runs every 10 seconds, and millenium long production is too much for my group of friends and me. Our current survival session is on 10x across the board. IMHO, 3x is still too slow without a persistent world.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.