Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Realistic, x3 or x10 ?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Lysanderize, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Max speed/capacity modifiers on everything. I work 40hrs a week, I don't have the time to play survival any slower, lol. I only do creative to design stuff or build things purely for aesthetics.

2. StanH Trainee Engineer

I like 3/1/1, although sometimes I play with a mod for x5 platinum refining speed. I like the challenge, but having to haul everything around all the time is just too time consuming.

1st person view only is an interesting restriction, I should try that.

3. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

Everything on x1 except inventory. x3 there...even after getting welding rigs constructed I still like to do hand-welding and it's just too painful. I raise my glass to my power-armor, enhanced hydraulic space-suit!

-Morloc

4. codetodi Trainee Engineer

Everything on x1, because I like to solve problems by engineering :)

Refinery too slow? Build more!
    Grinding/welding too slow? Build a ship for the task!
    Inventory too small? Build more containers and use ships!
    Not enough power? You have to see my solar array :D

That said... I built >300 solar panels, 4 jump drives, 20 large thrusters (still in work), 5 large reactors etc in x1. The fun lies in solving the logistics, mining and construction issues. I have to use scripts to manage my inventory, refineries and energy.

It's plain fun :)

5. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

1x everything. My SE time is less than two hours per week on average, but I'm not in a hurry... I also like it how big builds require me to construct a fitting machine first, instead of just shoving everything up my butt.

6. AlchemicalAgent Apprentice Engineer

I have about the same total playtime per week. But I run a DS so I can put a lot of stuff in the queue and come back a few days later to 5 Mg of iron ingots :woot:

7. CrookedTube Trainee Engineer

Nothing like the thrills and spills of playing with no advantages. This is where the game gets good, as far as I'm concerned. Also, when playing on realistic, finding yourself in the "energy hole" until you can get enough solar/reactor power to get things moving, while frustrating, is the part of the game where you really feel challenged.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.