Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Recent update broke my scripts, not sure why

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by Naosyth, Mar 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Naosyth Trainee Engineer

I've stopped playing SE for the past few weeks, but people have recently informed me that a few of my scripts on the Workshop aren't working anymore. This is the main script: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=557293234
    The other one is just a standalone version of one of the modules in the aforementioned link.

The script is a program that automatically adjust your ships orientation with respect to your velocity vector and gravity, to bring you to a stop, or to kill lateral velocity, etc. It also has a text panel to show the script status.

Expected behavior:
    The script brings me to a smooth and stable stop
    The screen refreshes correctly to show me my status

Actual behavior:
    The script brings me to a stop, but is super wobbly and inconsistent
    The screen never refreshes

The script isn't giving me any errors.

I tried a much simpler script I had lying around, which just gets the status of a few blocks on my ship, such as my o2 tank levels, dampener status, etc, and prints that to a text panel, and it too was not refreshing the screen.

Before I have to dig in to this script for hours to find out what broke, I'm hoping someone will know what recent change might have caused this...

For convenience, here is a link to the FlightAssist source on GitHub:
    https://github.com/Naosyth/SpaceEngineersPrograms/blob/master/FlightAssist.cs

2. Wicorel Senior Engineer

Check the bug reports forum.

LCD displays are not updating while you are looking at them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Naosyth Trainee Engineer

Ah, ok. That will make debugging the other issue a massive pain, then. I'm still not sure why it is stabilizing so poorly now.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.