Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Recover derelicts

Discussion in 'Survival' started by dispair, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. dispair Apprentice Engineer

I was out mining and came across a mayday. It was a large hydrogen ship broken into 3 pieces. Named Encounter Prometheus. Took a few days to rebuild, I used merge blocks to piece it together. It is a very fast ship with ridiculous amount of hydrogen storage. The hull does not cover the inside and it has lots of catwalks. While I prefer solid hulls it is still a prized ship in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dispair Apprentice Engineer

So what cool ships have you come across? Did you recover it?

I also found a hydrogen tanker but it was mostly just 3 hydrogen tanks with engines strapped to it. It never made it back to my base, I died while afk.

Oh, and i found a skeleton blue ship with a welder ship parked in it. I ground down a large ion and took the welder.

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

There are a bunch out there, but I haven't tried rebuilding them. I did, however, grab a R.U.S.T. Freighter and retrofit it during a survival challenge to have half a dozen refineries and another assembler. I saved it because I liked it so much and cleaned it up a bit more and renamed it in honor of its original roots.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1764739165

That actually sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'll skip around a bit and see about fixing up one of those derelicts.

4. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Someone did this a long time back, posted their catch and fixes as BP's on the workshop. Can't remember who it was to share the link, but it was ages ago...I think even before planets.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  5. dispair Apprentice Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff
    Good job just catching that freighter, I tried before and they go ballistic. Hard to catch. Your rebuild looks good, nice work. That would be perfect with a dedicated drill ship to fill it up. I drilled into an astroid and filled it with refineries, but it is not mobile.

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

When I was playing survival with that thing, I extended a series of straight conveyor tubes out the front (from the new assembler I stuck in there), then attached half a dozen drills in a 3x2 array. An added camera and extra spotlights helped. Other than being a nugly mother, that sucker could collect ore! I didn't show that configuration for the "freighter", but it's an easy addition and you get a huge amount of refining power that way.

7. dispair Apprentice Engineer

I found a new mayday, it is just a ship bownow and the new decorative blocks. If you don't have the expansion you could build onto it and have a "day room" sort of thing.
    I found another large ship that was intact. As I closed in two gunships attacked me and the ship exploded. No enough left to salvage. Off to more adventures.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.