Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Reference for SE block interactions?

Discussion in 'Programming Questions and Suggestions' started by LeoClarke, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LeoClarke Trainee Engineer

I'm taking the plunge and starting into Programmable Blocks, because I've rather wanted to get back into coding and whatnot. I've been reading a couple reference guides on Steam to help me with some of the specifics of SE programming, because I do have at least a basic fundamental grasp of C++/C#, but there are some things that the guides apparently don't cover, because they're out of date or whatnot when it comes to interacting with the blocks in SE.

For example, I've been using this guide as a reference: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=english&id=360966557 It's very helpful, but it's missing at least a few things I found by accident looking up other people's code. For example, it doesn't tell me that I can use SetValue<float> for slider variables. I did look on the other board, but I didn't see anything with this kind of list. Is there an updated guide similar to that Steam resource?

2. Spice_mus_flow Trainee Engineer

Unfortunately, there is no such guide. The best thing you can do is to download source code from GitHub. You open it in Visual Basic and just figure out those methods, classes and block properties on your own. Good luck with that.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.