Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Reminder: Alpha.

Discussion in 'General' started by Kamoba, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Nice community feel to these forums, but I get the feeling everyone is trying to turn this game into their favourite game, wether that be EVE, Mine Craft or Skyrim...
    Everyone is trying to get the developers attention and suggest things that are from existing games.

How about, we've already paid so far in the trust in the developers, so why not continue to trust in Their game ideas and work on giving them actual feed back and not just 'oh do this like eve' or 'mine craft done it like this'

I prefer the fact this game is not Mine Craft, that it is not EVE...

This is Space Engineers...
    So lets concerntrate our feedback to keep it Space Engineers?

You're all going to flame me now I know it...
    But to be frank I don't care.
    Just stop trying to convince the developers to make this a zero grav MC or a custom EVE....

2. Vermillion Senior Engineer

Agreed. I've seen so many suggestions wanting "XYZ from homeworld/EVE/Star Trek" that's it's getting ridiculous. It's also plagiarism.

Oh, and it's Minecraft, not Mine Craft.

3. TempestWolf Trainee Engineer

Well, if the ideas from those games they suggest are actually good ones... by all means let us have them... it's not like the game abounds in originality... where it excells is how it does those quasi-un-original things, as in it does them sooooo damn good.

4. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Never knew that :eek:ops:
    Although I only played the game once...

5. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Agreed, if the idea is worthwhile and matches with what Space Engineers is about....

But 95% of the time they're not they're just 'MC does this' yeah that's great kid, go play it then.
    ;)

However if someone said 'Ohh Space Engineers should focus on a restricted resources system for its MP to improve trade, war and piracy, that would be good, such and such game is a good example of how this works..'
    That would be a fair suggestion :)

6. TempestWolf Trainee Engineer

ok... I get you now... you want the "Minecraft does this..." (It doesn't do much good anyways... just different - also I know it was given as an example and you weren't referring to that game specifically) to be associated with a "... and I think it would work in Space Engineers because...". I agree with that.

7. Corban Trainee Engineer

From what I've heard from the Devs: The goal is to keep things realistic as possible for a 'sci-fi' universe set in the near future. It appears they are going to implement some sort of conveyor system for processing and moving raw materials and turning them into fuel. More then that, and the feature set, I really can't say.

8. jcl78 Trainee Engineer

I agree as well. To me, Space Engineers will be a unique game with some facets that are similar to other good games, but not a clone. Already it is fantastic to me, and I will be patient to see what the devs keep adding.

9. Kamoba Senior Engineer

Exactly :)

10. Carrion Senior Engineer

what would be a nice MP idea is being able to offline build ships and clone them into a knowing battle royal to see how they actually measure up. all the fun of the destruction, none of the dismay at losing a few hours or days worth of work.

11. Kamoba Senior Engineer

It does depend on how Devs intend on doing the multi player :)
    If its going to be set-up servers with individual rules then you could arrange that with friends :)

If its going to be more 'open universe' style (I doubt it, but allot of people seem to think of EVE style play when talking about MP)
    Then not so likely as people will be defending their creations :)

12. Doan04 Trainee Engineer

@Carrion:
    Yeah, thats why I stopped playing EVE. Spending all the time to be able to buy a ship, and then you loose it to some pirate...

I think the community should make suggestions. The devs are no kids and can decide for themselves which ideas they can and want to implement into the game.

13. bwc153 Trainee Engineer

I agree - with the name "Space Engineers" it seems the point of the game will be centered around building (or, as the "What are Space Engineers" page mentions, a bit of destruction and the likes too). I've seen a lot of people want to focus too much on stuff that really does not fit the game, SE isn't an MMO - it doesn't need MMO stuff in it. Or they want to focus on the PvP MP side of things, and gut the concept of building your own ship by merely copy-pasting a FULLY COMPLETED design everywhere to fight others with... It doesn't seem like it really would fit the game - though none of us except the developers can really say what the developers envision this game to be, and this lack of details on the matter I think is fueling the far-fetched suggestions.

14. Kamoba Senior Engineer

I honestly thought I was going to be pounced when I started this thread but it seems many are on the same wave length as me :)

15. Guest

[FONT= &#39]Hosting your own server with enforceable PvP guidelines would make for endless possibilities of playstyle. A server with friends where creation is what matters, a server with factional safe-zones for organized PvP, mayhem PvP deathmatch servers, etc. The list goes on, as long as the ability to set PvP mechanics are provided to the server host.[/FONT]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.