Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Remote Control block with broadcasting range

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by russo_bolado, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

Hello, fellow Engineers!

Right now, even with a Remote Control block into a ship, you'd still need an Antenna in order to control the ship. Why not enable to Remote Control blocks an inherent (yet small) Broadcast range of 200 meters (same as suit)? In order to not pollute the menu of ships with many names, the broadcast would be a toggle ON/OFF option on the block menu AND, most important, it wouldn't appear on the HUD (same as suit when "Disable Headbob" is enabled)

This would allow interesting in-game applications, from stealth torpedoes to player-controlled sentry bots inside bases and ships.

To make the change more plausible, you could add a Small Steel Tube to the material list in the small block version and 10 Small Steel Tubes in the large block version. This wouldn't affect already constructed blocks, otherwise it'd be a mess =D

2. Killacyte Senior Engineer

I'd prefer having an option to just make antennas not display.

3. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

That would be nice too... A little overpowered, but nice.

4. Killacyte Senior Engineer

Maybe. I guess a HUD cleanup would be better.

5. Morbophobie Apprentice Engineer

Why overpowerd? If YOU choose to not display an antenna ...? It would be if you can make them invisible to OTHER players.

6. Morbophobie Apprentice Engineer

I already proposed something like frequencies. So you can give your antennas a frequency to filter for a certain frequency to tidy up the HUD. If you want all the info you always can view all frequencys. You basically can choose what to display and what not to.
    If you agree on a certain frequency for stations/ [certain] ships/ ... you can have a pretty good overview.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  7. Killacyte Senior Engineer

@Morbophobie I assumed the antenna thing would be a block option. Not a client option.

8. Valiance Apprentice Engineer

Perhaps a fade effect at a certain distance (can be adjusted by player). Or display only a certain amount of them on screen.

My best thought of way is being able to place them in groups and be able to enable/disable them from the players view or specific ones. Example (ore locations) (fighters). This way, it doesnt affect other players.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  9. russo_bolado Junior Engineer

The idea is to be invisible to enemies in a short range, in order to be balanced.. Being invisible to yourself only seems to me more like a commodity than a true functionality.

10. crazybudgie Trainee Engineer

Oh yes! We really need an "Show on HUD" Option for the Antenna, so our drones couldn`t get spotted just because of their moving antenna every time when we move the drone via RC Block.

I really wish that Keen add this "Show on HUD" Option to the antenna.

As some of you answered that it could be kind of OP when Antennas could be invisible but could still broadcast to RC Blocks, I may have an Idea to avoid this OP`ness.
    The solution could be an Radar Block, wich can only detect active controlled remote control Blocks.

Thank ya for reading!:)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.