Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Removing "beacons" from spawned planets?

Discussion in 'General' started by Iriath Zhul, Nov 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Iriath Zhul Trainee Engineer

Any way to make the manually spawned planets not appear as "beacons"? I switched from Creative to Survival and loaded up the world again, but to my surprise, that didn't make them go away. It's really annoying.

2. Lord DC Trainee Engineer

It's a GPS point that is there to signal the size of planet. not much else though. Only way to remove it is to remove the planet with SE toolbox.

3. Crazie Trainee Engineer

Or you could just delete it in your GPS.

4. Devon_v Senior Engineer

It seems to come back every time you load. Kinda weird.

5. WindMillStalker Trainee Engineer

Having the same problem right now.

6. WindMillStalker Trainee Engineer

Lel, solved it.

So I started a planetless world, spawned in planets and moons to my liking and couldn't get rid of their 'beacon'. Once I was happy with celestial spawning, I saved and quit the game.

I restarted and reloaded, this time with the caveat that I disabled scenario editing mode (don't know if that actually had anything to do with it, but I disabled it anyway) and spawned in. The celestial 'beacons' were still there, but this time they did have GPS coords that I could (one at a time) disable in the HUD, and presto!

(copied to/from reddit)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.