Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Repair Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Nari, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Nari Trainee Engineer

Since ships and stations are so easily damaged, and also, it's kinda confusing when you're trying to repair them (for example, sometimes it's hard to tell if the armor it's damaged or not), and you have to get all the blocks in the same place as before, I suggest a few little things, that maybe can became a repair mode;
    At first, and also the reason why it would be repair "mode", if there was a way to show every damaged block on the ship / station, it would help a lot. For example, showing them as if you were to remove them, the same graphic effect would do the work. Then you just delete them (in creative) or remove with the grinder (Survival / Realistic).
    Then,you should be able recall the building of the very same blocks (the information of the ship's block needs to be stored, as you build it, pretty much like a blueprint, independent of the damage it receive, for example, if you build a block, or delete it, or remove with a grinder, it will be remembered. But if it is damaged, the "blueprint" won't change), as when you build in Survival, it would also help. And finally, you'd just rebuild them with the welder.
    I've never built anything is survival, but I imagine that when you recall the building step, It would pretty much look like the video where they use the welder, but with only the missing parts of the ship.
    So, it would be 4 steps, damage report, damaged parts removal, recalling the building step for the missing parts and rebuilding them with the welder (In creative mode It would probably be only 2 or 3 steps, maybe full-auto, single step)
    I can even imagine battles with turns where you have for example 1 minute to attack and 1 to repair, for big ships.
    What do you guys think?

2. Tontow Apprentice Engineer

You could also add a damage viewing camera that would work like a thermal camera, but instead of showing heat, it would show damage.

3. Nari Trainee Engineer

Yeah, this would do the work :woot:

4. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

That's a pretty awesome idea +1

5. Grim Apprentice Engineer

I think the damage camera has been suggested before in a different way. I like this one more.

6. tomxp411 Apprentice Engineer

+1 to damage camera. I like that idea.

7. Bobbyjoeangus Trainee Engineer

The wielder would do this

8. Neouni Apprentice Engineer

+1 to damage camera

and i would like to see the blueprint memmory, show us where bits fell off, got hit by meteors\missiles etc

9. Apocalypse Trainee Engineer

Have a 'blueprint' feature to save any design, and when things get broken, reapply the blueprint to make replace the damaged parts

10. ttrumbauer Trainee Engineer

alt+shift+F12 will allow you to see damaged blocks they show up red

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.