Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[request] Light than air balloons and propellers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by goduranus, Jun 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. goduranus Junior Engineer

There's a 2D game called windforge that's about building airships, but hey, Medieval Engineers could do airship building much better, if it only had some ways to get vehicles into the air, and some propellers to move them.

2. Ulfsark Master Engineer

You know, except for the small detail that they didn't have airships of any sort during the middle ages ...

3. TarosD Trainee Engineer

I would also really like to see an Airship mod for this game.

You know, except for the small detail that this is the modding forum, not the suggestions forum.... --points for most unhelpful post ever though.

Furthermore, people are actively building things that would never have been concieved of in Medieval times, simply because the knowledge availible in Medieval times did not contain such ideas clearly does not prevent people from implementing them.
    Do you know why? Because you cannot remove modern ideas from modern people. If they would have had the knowledge that an airship were even possible in medieval times it is likely they would've figured out a way to build one, making your point quite moot sir.

//Taros

4. Ulfsark Master Engineer

and points for reviving a dead thread for the sole purpose of being insulting.
    [​IMG]

5. TarosD Trainee Engineer

Insulting? Really? I find that hard to believe. You are no more insulted than i am a fully feathered duck.

Regardless, You misunderstand my purpose, allow Me to clarify:
    • I wished to voice my support of OP's request, it is a good idea and should be made into reality.
    • If no-one else is willing to take on the project i feel obligated to attempt it myself.
    • I also found your reply to OP to be in error as you had clearly not understood the meaning of posting a valid request in the proper place apparently for no other reason than disagreeing with OP's request. As such i wished to correct the error.
    • I also found your post to be unfair and disrespectful of OP and wished to voice my disagreement with your statement as it was not only insulting to any request made in a modding forum but also to the art of modding itself, not to mention a generally unconstructive and unhelpful statement in general- hence, as mentioned: useless.
    Now that that is done with, considering the base upon which ME is built, a mod like this is most definitely possible to achieve, one might need to borrow some code from SE to make it work. Buoyancy is tricky but it might be just a matter of applying a variable negative gravitational pull on the Balloon object itself. Then it is just a matter of setting up a buch of directional thruster blocks for steering and locomotion.

//Taros

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.