Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[request] Modding hierarchy tutorial

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Sabre One, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sabre One Trainee Engineer

I'm a bit lost in ME when it comes to what goes what.

Basically I want to produce the following.

• A Interactive object that allows you to assemble only certain items.
    • Defining the cost to build the object
    • Defining the possible assembled items, and what the cost is.

Would some one care to write or point me out the different files of coding and what they do? It would certainly help a lot of people out if they understand the full hierarchy of things.

2. Coggernaut Trainee Engineer

Well technically any model with a dummy (for blender) can become an interactive object with the right entitycontainer/entitycomponent code.

Though, without making a in-detail guide (which I plan on doing in the future) here are the files you need.

EntityComponents.sbc
    EntityContainers.sbc
    CubeBlocksInteractable.sbc
    Blueprints.sbc
    BlueprintClasses.sbc
    (Optional, but most likely needed):
    Research.sbc (for making it researchable)
    SessionComponents.sbc (For making a unique research tree activated)

If you just copy all the data related to the "WoodTable" you'll be able to recreate the woodtable's characteristics, then rename the subtype and bingo, you're good!

Some names/words may be spelt incorrectly, but those are the files you'll need. If you need any help, please reply to me and I will reply as soon as possible with hopefully the answer you're looking for. I look forward to your mod, and I am glad to help you every step of the way!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.