Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[Request] Predefined global spawn zone for NPC

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by Cetric, Feb 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cetric Junior Engineer

Is it possible for someone to create a mod which allows to set parameters for a NPC faction to spawn at one zone in space only?
    For example, within a set diameter around a planet you placed into your world.

I think this would bring great strategic aspects into the game.
    - a world would be felt like 'homeworld' for a faction which will be defended once you enter their realm
    - defensive concepts
    - faction if set to 'allied' with yours could also defend space you inhibit for you, or alongside your forces
    - no omnipresence of NPC in space. You would know you have your safe zone until you are ready for confrontation
    - maybe parameters could be set to expand over time, like NPC has an empire which conquers space, until they reach your place, giving you enough time to prepare yourself

Parameters could be entered via space coordinates, or better perceivable, as I said, around a planet, moon or asteroid cluster defined as center of NPC faction's activities.
    NPC vessels would have to travel from that zone to yours when hostilities have opened, giving opportunities for interception.

2. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cetric Junior Engineer

Thank you for the hint. I will check this out. Don't know yet if settings for "territory" as I read there can handle that, but it's worth a try.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.