Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Requesting an unban from the KeenSWH Discord server.

Discussion in 'General' started by tnekohue, Mar 1, 2019.

1. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

I am requesting an unban from the KeenSWH Discord server:
    Username: tnekohue#5601
    Hopefully this can be resolved so I can once again be a member of the community.
    It has been 23 days, and the link remains invalid.

23 Entire days since the original post, and this has not been resolved.
    Dan2D3D is currently working with me to resolve this.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 01:13
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi, I don't see this account name in the banned so you are not in there ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

4. Dan2D3D Moderator

No, this account >
    nekohue#5601
    < is not in the Discord Banned members and I have double checked.
    --- Automerge ---
    Maybe try with this perma invit in the FAQ on Steam :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/0/810938810590486770/[/BCOLOR]

Go to my post to see the invite link to Keen Discord, this one works very well (tested)

If nothing works = create a new Discord account and test.

5. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

The invite link still says invalid.
    and you missed the tnekohue#5601

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Try making a new username?

7. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

Again, to no avail, the invite link remains invalid
    There are only three reasons an invite link would be invalid
    A: The invite link has been revoked/expired (according to the discord API, its not)
    B: I am banned from the server (find tnekohue#5601, remove from banlist)
    C: My IP is banned from using the invite link (clear ipbanlist)

I have tried doing everything, but I cannot join using my account

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  8. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

tnekohue#5601 is not your original username as I am trying to send you a friend request but discord is telling me tnekohue#5601 doesnt exist.

Where are you getting your username from? under your settings or in another group?

9. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

My username is tnekohue#5601, no doubt about it.
    [​IMG]

10. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

I'm interjecting here, sorry for the disruption. I am a recent member of Discord.

True that "tnekohue" or "tnekohue#5601" does not show in a search at Discord. But a search for "#5601" does show a conversation that does include "tnekohue". I see references to a "@Technobot#5601" that seem ominous in some undefined way.

11. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

That was my name at some point in the past. Although, ominous? Why?
    And no problem, Welcome to discord!

12. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

I have used Discord about 20 minutes and find it quite cumbersome to use so far. I cannot tell if "@Technobot#5601" is some type of interface command or not. There are many posts saying "Don't @ people" which sounds ominous.

Silvrav said tnekohue was not your original username and this appears to be true. If you started as Technobot, please confirm that as it seems essential to getting your issue resolved.

For Dan2D3D : I claim to be the same ShadedMJ as on Steam, in case you were wondering.

13. Malware Master Engineer

Technobot#5601 is just a unique identifier for that user. The reason people say to not @ people is because it causes notifications to pop up for them, and some people dislike this because they get a lot - for example popular modders. So it's just about not abusing that. And of course, never tag developers unless they're talking right in the channel with you. Just common courtesy, again because there's a lot of us - and just a very few of them. Other than that - it's harmless.

14. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

Thanks Malware.

Again, I'm new to Discord so this will sound stupid. I use the search function and get no results for tnekohue but when I search for #5601 I do see messages from tnekohue, and this seems inconsistent but is probably the default search parameters. If tnekohue#5601 and Technobot#5601 reference the same user account, using #5601 should reference both. Why should tnekohue need to know the original username? The whole thing appears unreliable to me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  15. Stardriver907 Senior Engineer

I don't understand why Keen pushes people to use discord when they have their own site.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

I do not mind being notified, as long as its not abused. Its just a red mark on the server icon, no big deal.
    Yes, I changed my name in the past, although that should be reflected in the ban list. It should show my new username.
    User accounts in discord are stored as a 64-bit unique identifier
    the name, and the 4 number id can be changed (you need nitro to change the 4 number id, and its reverted when your nitro expires)
    Changing my username should be reflected everywhere my name is displayed,
    in other peoples friends lists, in chat channels, in the ban list.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  17. ShadedMJ Apprentice Engineer

At tnekohue : I see what may be you on discord now. I sent you an invite earlier today which may or may not have helped.

18. Malware Master Engineer

Because Discord is a live chat and "their own site" is not? It's quite a different medium, the one does not eliminate the other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

I agree with malware on that part, And as a secondary effect, allows people to resolve on the forums a reason for a ban or otherwise.
    Multiple avenues of communication is always a good thing when it comes to trying to get an issue resolved.
    The issue being either I am banned, or IP banned from the guild (Discord server).

Quoted from:
    https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001556852-Invalid-Invite-Links
    Ban: You may have been banned from joining this server.
    Bans are based on IP address, so you would need to contact the server admins and ask them to revoke all bans in their Server Settings.
    Just because they remove your name, does not mean the invite will work.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  20. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

If you were IP banned unless you pay extra money to your provider for a static IP address your IP will change approximately every 30 days. (Is the average of most providers some may vary. I work in the business so I know a little about how it goes. :) ) So if Keen does not lift your IP ban you will have a new IP in a few days and it should work. You could also use a proxy server to get a different IP if waiting is not your thing.

21. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

My IP has been the same for nearly two years.
    I have tried joining via another IP. Link still invalid.

22. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

I'm gonna jump in and say that I had the same issue. Click on link, says its invalid.

Continuing to discord after this message it prompted me to log in, which I did. I then clicked the invite link again, and it was a different result this time. Asked to open link in another application (desktop discord rather than browser) and then worked and i'm now in.

May help, may not but there you go.

23. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

The link is invalid both inside and outside of discord.
    The link is invalid when viewed logged in.
    The link is valid when not logged in (however, I have to login to join, which defeats the purpose).

24. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

Sounds like you really pissed someone off on Discord then, sounds like @Dan2D3D did all he could on Keen side of things. Maybe try reaching out to Discord themselves?

25. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

Its not a discord problem, this applies to anyone who has been banned, as for whoever I pissed off, I can only say I am sorry for my transgression.
    And @Dan2D3D has failed to respond to my original name correction.
    Again

Quoted from:
    https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001556852-Invalid-Invite-Links
    Ban: You may have been banned from joining this server.
    Bans are based on IP address, so you would need to contact the server admins and ask them to revoke all bans in their Server Settings.
    Just because they remove your name, does not mean the invite will work.

26. Dan2D3D Moderator

Started a PM with you so you can share the Ban reason and I will ask the team about this.

27. Silvrav Trainee Engineer

This is unfortunately not the case.

I can have 5 different usernames on 5 different servers. Changing your profile name and or tag does not auto change it everywhere.

All I can assume is that your original tag was banned before you changed it and thus your old tag (with the unique 64 identifier) is still banned

28. tnekohue Trainee Engineer

Your thinking of nicknames, which Is not the case.
    Your unique snowflake never changes.
    It is referenced in all parts of the UI, changing your username is reflected everywhere, (excluding nicknames, however nicknames are not used in the ban list. A user can click your profile and see your original name.)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019 at 08:55