Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Resetting the auto-leveling voxel hand

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by MorshuArtsInc, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MorshuArtsInc Apprentice Engineer

Hello there,

I've been doing some extensive landscaping lately, which mostly included leveling.
    Now when I start leveling, the voxel hand snaps to that certain height (a), which is nice.
    But let's say I'm done leveling height (a) and want to start at a different height (b).
    The leveling tool is still set to height (a).

Is there a way to easily free/reset the leveling tool? Like a key binding I don't know of? I lost track over those a bit over the years, but I couldn't find something like that pressing F1.

I know that one can set a different axis (let's say x) the tool should follow in the voxel hand menu, and then switch back to the previous axis (let's say z) (the dropdown menu for that looks a bit goofy by the way, but that's a story for another day), but in order to make it do that, one needs to start leveling again at the x-axis, which is sometimes not very feasible because as soon as you switch axis, your voxel hand is suddenly who-knows-where -- could be underground, or some chunks behind you, probably in a place where you currently do not want to alter the terrain at all. And it all becomes worse when you're leveling at an angle, to create extra long slopes.
    Simply switching to a different voxel hand and then back to leveling doesn't seem to work either.

So...... plz halp

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.