1. The forum will be closing soon permanently. Please read the announcement here

Note: User registration has been closed. We do not accept any new accounts.

(RESOLVED) Dedicated Server Running, But Can't Connect Outside Of LAN

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Wellxam, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wellxam

Wellxam Trainee Engineer

I posted this as a reply to another post, but realize that it's title may not attract the kind of help that I am looking for.

The problem is, as the title suggests, My dedicated server is running, and I can connect to it locally, but it is shown as not responding from the steam server list, and when I invite my friends from within the game, they say it hangs, and then indicates that the server is not responding.

I know the server is running, as I can connect locally, and the server shows up fine under "LAN", I get into the game and can fly around all hunky dory, But when I invite my friend, not on my local network, he says it hangs and reports server not responding. I have added the remote address into my steam server favorites (through the steam client, not in game) as to monitor it, and the server name is my public IP address, so that is resolving fine(I use NOIP to direct traffic to my machine), but under game it is "<not responding>"

I have the ports being directed properly, both the steam (7777), and the space engineers port (27016), BOTH types, and it is sent to my (computer hosting the server's) Local IP, on the firewall inbound rules, there are 2 "Space Engineers" with "Protocol type: TCP", "Local port: All Ports", and "Remote port: All Ports" Scope is Any IP address for both local and remote. Furthermore, after having no luck I added an inbound rule specifically for port 27016, still no luck...

Any and all help is appreciated ;~)

2. Wellxam

Wellxam Trainee Engineer

so... to be clear... you need to add an inbound rule to your firewall allowing TCP ***AND*** UDP access to the ports... (bangs head on desk, and swears never to drink and network again ;~P)

Helpful hint to determine if your firewall or router is the issue, turn off your firewall, and see if the server magically shows up (tip courtesy of DrCyanide ;~))

Steps to resolve this issue:
    1.) ensure you have port forwarding set up on your router/modem (might also be listed as "Virtual Servers" under your Firewall section)
    2.) Ensure that you have INBOUND rules added to your firewall for TCP *AND* UDP for whatever port you are running the server on.

3. z51aj17

z51aj17 Trainee Engineer

I am having the exact same problem, and cannot for the life of me, fix it! (I've tried every thing on here and many other posts/attempts/etc...)

This thread is marked as RESOLVED, but how did you resolve it?
    Any new info?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.