Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Respawn Issue in Shared Game

Discussion in 'Survival' started by sunofplunder, Sep 13, 2019.

1. sunofplunder Trainee Engineer

Hello SE community,

Currently have a friend who joins a session I host (non-dedicated server game) and for the past couple months, he has been running into a major issue with respawning. Every time he dies in-game to something (guns, speed, clang, etc.) his body respawns (after selecting a med bay and I watch for his body) but his game does not transition to the body camera view; he gets stuck in the respawn choice menu. He can't get out of this without disconnecting from the session. Logging into the session works normally; this only occurs if he dies. My character doesn't experience this (but may be due to me being the host). So far this seems to only affect my game; we both played on someone elses shared game, but do not have the same respawn issue as in my game.

Below is a short clip of me shooting at his "body" while he is stuck in the respawn menu. He does show being hit, but with no view of the surrounding environment.

Respawn Issue link

His body is standing on top of the cart in the picture while the short clip shows him getting injured, but still stuck in the menu and only the "refresh" button showing.

We've tried:

- Disabling in game auto-respawn

- Backspace to re- respawn

- Me shooting/grinding his body while stuck in the menu

- Me grinding his body to death while stuck in the menu

- Letting the game sit

- F6 spectator mode

So far nothing has worked to get him to properly "spawn" back in and it's getting more frustrating that he continues to log out and back into the session upon each death. We also cannot find (as of now) any other user's experiencing this....

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.