Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

returning to a multiplayer game

Discussion in 'General' started by Skream11, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Skream11 Trainee Engineer

i was just wondering, i know multiplayer hasn't been implemented yet but say you were travelling on a ship going at 2000 m/s just walking around and then you had to go eat for 10 minutes or something. what happens when you rejoin the game if you left. will you be in the same coordinated of space. the ship already miles away or will you respawn on the ship?

2. zyphyer Trainee Engineer

It's a question of will your ship logout with you? Or will you need to find a safe place to store the ship.
    Brilliant question. I would just stay tuned to the news forums and change logs, other then that I don't think anyone has anything to offer other than speculation.

3. Tian Trainee Engineer

I would never log out when my ship is on autopilot :D what if it crashes onto somthing? but yeah what if you were flying your ship and suddenly your game crashes?

4. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

Minecraft solved that issue by pretty much not having any moving objects (except mine carts that stop on their own eventually). But like Minecraft, I think stuff made in worlds should stay in those world's. (That's why you'll have blue prints, so you'll at least not need to redesign a ship every time, you'll just need the materials to make it, just like in MC) But in regards to a moving object... That's an interesting question. I know some Minecraft servers have anti griefing stuff where you can't destroy something someone else built, this would mean that the server knows what blocks belong to who. So SE could do a similar thing where the server knows what ship belongs to who, and without them in the server, the vessel will have the inertial dampeners on by default.

5. Fox Apprentice Engineer

^^^^

This is the most rational post ive seen here in a fortnight.

6. Nivve Apprentice Engineer

And in servers with it turned off, you can save in your factions territory. Just plan your dinners accordingly :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.