Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Roll of Thatch ??

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help' started by DragonDoom, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

Unable to find the mats required for thatch to build the combat dummy.
    The icon suggests wheat - despite having 20+ in inventory, unable to make - nor does collecting a variety of items seem to qualify - the tool tip says any suitable material for thatching - so far branches, palm leaves, twigs, flax, wheat nor anything else I can locate seems to work.

And... where have the hammers gone ????

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. CptTwinkie Moderator

Thatch making is unlocked by the tutorial.
    You can craft thatch in your personal inventory screen from any plant matter.
    Thatch is also a byproduct of milling flour.

It should be noted that, at the time of the release, there is a research bug. Unlocked research in existing worlds isn't being updated properly causing you to not have access to it. We're working on a fix for this.
    There is a simple workaround of creating schematics using admin tools to unlock the research again. See http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/index.php?title=Items for details.

3. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

ignore the bit about hammers - seems to be a mod conflict somewhere preventing hammers in my game - I've just loaded up a new vanilla creative - and hammers are present.

4. CptTwinkie Moderator

There's an anti-hammer mod? Seems brutal.

I recommend contacting the mod author on the workshop.

5. DragonDoom Trainee Engineer

I've no idea which mod(s) are doing it - I've started a new world with stripped down mods - I'd got about 115 - now at around 23 - and hammers are present with the current set up. (I added the full list to the new start initially - and no hammers were available)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.