Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Roof Top + Section

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Thales M., Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Thales M. Junior Engineer

When I use Stone Wall Top to fill the gap just over the wall in the screenshot, part of the roof gets removed as you can see on the left side. (Walls are placed externally with square pillars in each corner.) Log and Clay Wall Tops doesn't cause this. It alsa happens with other roof types.

[​IMG]

2. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Hey,

I tried your construction with Stone Wall with door and a pair of Stone Walls with windows it seems to be working fine on the internal branch so it should be fixed with the next update:

Thanks for the report!

3. Thales M. Junior Engineer

No, I'm not doing this way. I placed walls on outer block areas.

4. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Send me the highlight or the video of you placing the roof then. Its impossible to tell almost how you placed it from this angle.

5. Thales M. Junior Engineer

Not the roof, the walls.

6. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Well it was not clear at all from the screenshot. I assumed they were on the same block. Yeah currently compounding works like that. While its not a bug in terms of how it behaves in the code. (works as intended) it might interesting to look into it again to fix this case and so other similar ones

Thanks for the report

7. Thales M. Junior Engineer

8. sonicthe Trainee Engineer

I think it's a little strange that the compounding for stone and the compounding for clay walls (especially tops, which would nearly always be next to roofs) isn't the same. But that just my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I23I7 ME Tester Staff

Well that video made me go to the art team and the design team since now i understand why you consider this wrong behavior. Thanks for that

Currently making a report for them to see what they can do with it.

Probably gonna get fixed for the next big update tho.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.