Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rosa Tweet!? - The Official Medieval Engineers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ManoW, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ManoW Apprentice Engineer

...Only 2 days to a big announcement from Keen Software House (the creators of Space Engineers)... pic.twitter.com/BBSFyoQLEr 3:26pm - 11 Jan 15 What does it mean?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. TodesRitter Moderator

a big announcement will come from them. It could be AI or something with XBox... it could be everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  3. Ulfsark Master Engineer

could be they'll say "So long and thanks for the fish" and close shop and announce they're gonna switch over to "Hello Kitty, the Game"....

4. Howitz Junior Engineer

Them surprise bags, I love it!!! They probably finished the game to perfection and will release a 10G update lol

5. ManoW Apprentice Engineer

It's going to be published on his blog I think. I don't think it will be space engineers related though.

6. Martinineter Senior Engineer

It means that tomorrow might be a big day (AI?)

7. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

you mean a gravity generator that's 10x more powerful?

8. Martinineter Senior Engineer

I think he means 10 gigs (file size)

9. merak Apprentice Engineer

could be a new game also (note they stated Keen devs of space engineers)

10. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

or they want to announce that Microsoft bought KeenSWH

11. RubenGass Trainee Engineer

curious to see what it is, I think it would be something like the a beta stage or a major new feature like planets or so

12. havok Apprentice Engineer

concidering most of the promised features are in the game, i half expect to announce beta

13. Dreokor Senior Engineer

The game is not complete without rails.

14. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

I doubt it's the second wave of exploration submissions since even though it's quite a big thing, it's not too big to play secrets like that

15. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

They've found the secret to ever lasting life. So you can reach the edge after-all.

16. Skeloton Master Engineer

How long has it been now? Feels like forever.

17. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

They've gone into partnership with a large dough-nut vendor (so you can now get 3D models of your favourite asteroid).

18. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well they are tasty.

19. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

They're going on holiday for a week and won't be doing a Thursday update.

20. Wintersend Senior Engineer

It's got to be at least one something big, possibly two occurring simultaneously. But, I have no idea what it could be.

No they updated it one Christmas and on New Years so unless they are all Chinese, different new years date, and don't celebrate Christmas are we not getting an update every Thursday come what may.

21. ManoW Apprentice Engineer

Curious name you have there

22. Skeloton Master Engineer

If you check the credits theres about 3 or 4 Mareks but only one Marek Rosa :p

23. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

They've decided that since the SE universe is infinite, the average number of bugs in it are zero. So they've finished the game and are ready to start publishing chargeable DLC.

24. Ash87 Senior Engineer

I'm betting it's a Beta Date.

"Big Announcement" for KSH is usually bigger than a feature, and we just -got- like 2 of the MAJOR features that people have been wanting from like day 1.

The feature lists of incoming stuff that we've gotten a hundred times now are pretty much complete, with everything else being padding on existing systems, and Fixes.

The only feature we still don't have is AI, but I don't expect AI to come soon... I'd bet that it comes in installments through Beta or something, as the only thing we've seen of it right now, is a dude walking to a point.

That said, the only other thing it -could- be is AI. So, if it's not Beta, it's AI.

25. Skeloton Master Engineer

And if its neither, Rails?

26. Agnar Apprentice Engineer

Could be that price adjustment they announced a couple weeks ago

27. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Ah, i do so wish for it to be Beta; it would coincide and work well with their plan to make SE more expensive sometime during Jannuary. Knowing Keen they could couple it with a new big number as far as sells are concerned to make it something positive (but then again we already knew this was coming so it'd be less of an announcement and more of an update) OR they couple it with some big news concerning the game, and the only one that'd be bigger than any feature (something they usually tease in other ways) would be either a release date or a date for Beta (realistically it'd be either both or the latter only). Sooooo if it's SE-related i stay at my previous prediction (well, hope) that it's Beta... unless they announce a Wii U or PS4 adaptation.

What worries me is the way they talk about themselves: "Keen - the developers of Space Engineers". That sounds like they want to transfer their streetcred over to a new game (could be the AI-thing the Space Engineers AI was developed for).
    What gives me hope here is that, if you look at Reddit AMAs and possibly other sites, they like to use similar phrases for themselves, so technically it doesn't exclude a Space Engineers Announcement.

28. Valkysas Trainee Engineer

I miss when companys used there own webpage for info instead of having to go look for it on some social experiment site

29. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Maybe?

I mean, Rails has like... half a dozen people really chomping at the bit for rails, unless I'm missing something. That just seems like, another feature... and again: That doesn't seem like it needs a 3 day windup before announcing it. We got 2 features during christmas that were bigger than Rails, and with less forewarning.

Edit: I mean we've heard before, that there was the possibility that some stuff would be implemented in Beta, but Beta would be More about polish, so features would be few and far between. So, just because there are like 2-3 things that aren't in quite yet, doesn't mean going into beta that we wont see them.

30. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Using an FTL mod, a player has discovered an emergent AI life-form at infinity - 1. First contact!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.