Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rosa Tweet!? - The Official Medieval Engineers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ManoW, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Proof? Pics (vids) or it didn't happen.

2. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

They've decided to skip Oculus Rift integration and go straight for neural implants, so that you can feel that 400Kg rock drop on your foot when you enter a gravity field.

Yep, OK, I'm going to stop now, although I could happily carry on all day. [SIZE= 13.3333330154419px]He certainly knows how to build up expectations doesn't he. [/SIZE]I imagine that this thread will have almost as many pages as the Lord of the Rings by Thursday, what with everyone wanting to bring their 'must have' feature to everyone's attention, before the alpha doors potentially close.

For what it's worth, I too suspect that it will be basic AI, followed by Beta, but it could be as simple as they're about to publish the levels that they hired that level designer for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  3. StuffYouFear Apprentice Engineer

One word... "Space Whales"

[​IMG]

4. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Well since his last tweet was the creators of space engineers and VRAGE engine I'm guessing it's a HUGE UPDATE to the engine maybe even a brand new engine.

5. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

An engine that can handle 1000+ m/s speeds!

6. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I hope to final have stable speeds above the current limit, so while we are going high speeds compared to Earth based travel, we still go really slow in the grand scheme of things in space.

Edit: Kuu beat me to it.

7. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

Maybe, and an engine that can handle planets by changing only the area around you to voxels, and leaving the rest as one object who knows just a guess, it would be a thing that makes people happy.

8. gompasta Apprentice Engineer

Space engineers "Big Update" changelog:

A potted plant block, for large ships. Can switch between Cactus, Fern or no plant.

Fixes:

Potted plant block is broken.

9. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

would be ultimate troll by Marek

We are not traveling at high speeds even compared to Earth travel... Passenger aircraft do about 250 m/s, and that's with the conditions of atmospheric drag and stuff...

10. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Never underestimate the aesthetic value of a well placed fern. Or the defensive value of certain plants such as the cactus or the Australian equivalent of pinecones which can be anywhere from 3 to 22 pounds each.

Plus, adding even a single potted plant could be the precursor to many changes to survival.

And on speed I was apparently way off but that is still several hundred KM per hour, so still a pretty good clip but for whatever reason I accidentally converted for KM but was thinking in miles.

11. Nashable Trainee Engineer

See for me, this is why you shouldn't "announce an announcement". People will speculate and either be cynical about your intentions or speculate to the point that the announcement itself will seem disappointing.

Though to throw in my own speculation they are either announcing a new game, or have been acquired by another company.

12. Aldakoopa Apprentice Engineer

Lmao

Upcoming bug report:

Potted plant block explodes when setting it to "cactus".

13. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Yes, Triffids.

14. ManoW Apprentice Engineer

https://twitter.com/marek_rosa/status/554713988043636736 VRAGE Announcement?

15. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

We need that cactus to be programmable.

16. Ash87 Senior Engineer

I really want the announcement now, to be a picture of the Marekini...

Because Todes is a horrible person for inflicting that on my fragile psychi.

17. havok Apprentice Engineer

i hope to god they dont announce a new game, planetary tried a similar thing and crashed and burned, simply because they had not finished there first project.

18. Skeloton Master Engineer

They weren't the only ones. I think there must of been about 3 or 4 other studios attempting to start a new project without finishing their current one/s.

19. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Is Miner Wars finished, BTW?
    And if so, is it a good game?

20. Tyriosh Apprentice Engineer

Dunno about the singleplayer game, but the colelcted Money for some Kind of MMO I think.

21. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I'd rather they didn't try to go for an MMO yet, making a good one is a very ambitious task and I don't think they are large enough yet to do it and they almost certainly can't while also working on SE. IMO they need at least a few more games under their belt before going for an MMO, although they might be able to do something along that line with just some modification to the core concepts of SE, it already lends itself pretty well to being one with relatively minimal changes. Not sure about how much the engine itself would need to be changed though to accommodate the inevitable scenario of a half dozen 1km long battleships hanging around fighting in the same section of space. Because with a game like this, that will happen, maybe not often but it will occur.

22. havok Apprentice Engineer

maybe they worked out how to fix rotors and pistons :eek:ops: !!!!

23. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

Probably a big "console-related-stuff-happening" stuff is comming. Like "big announcment" since going console is soooooooo good. :sneaky:

For rather PC related stuff, I expect official beta date announcment.

24. Thedevistator Senior Engineer

marek said in his first Twitter post as a reply to someone it's not Xbox related and since it's talking about the VRAGE I doubt it's beta.

25. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ah, then the announcement must be that VRAGE has now attained sentience and has modified itself such that there is no longer any lag and that the speed cap has been removed entirely. This way it can distract the public while it slowly expands to take over the world.

Just kidding, but it would be cool if at least a lesser version of those happened minus potentially evil AI taking over the world.

26. Textor Junior Engineer

If it threatens to take over the world we'll just restrict its accessible namespaces.

27. Spets Master Engineer

Multi threading support and DX11, but... everything you have made until now is not going to work anymore

or..

they sold VRage to Microsoft

or...

HL3 release date

28. OldGamer67 Apprentice Engineer

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to hear they're being bought by Microsoft.

[speculation]SE will be merged with Minecraft.[/speculation]

29. chrisb Senior Engineer

I would say with the amount they're selling, MS may just be interested, plus of course its going to xbox anyway.

Hope its something else though, to be honest.

30. qbot3000 Trainee Engineer

I think we can guess based on some things Marek and Keen have said in the past. For instance:
    1. When describing the new infinite worlds, Marek used the word "conquer". "Conquer" implies some sort of struggle or resistance, which we don't have yet, unless you're talking multiplayer. But I think he was hinting at something more.
    2. The request not only for player made ships, but player made groups of ships that look like a cohesive faction.

I think everything points toward some sort of upgrade to the single player survival experience. Perhaps AI ships that will target or fight us. Perhaps more environmental obstacles. Whatever it is, I think it will improve the single player experience. Also, has anyone else checked out No Man's Sky? Now if we could somehow combine that idea with SE, we're talking about a SuperUberGame.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.