Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rosa Tweet!? - The Official Medieval Engineers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ManoW, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Ah, and we have heard that they have some AI in the works. So maybe we are getting enemy AI factions. That would send things to the next level and would let friends have a reason to build fighters without forcing them to play against each other.

2. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

[​IMG]

Whatever this blurry mess is, it doesn't really look blockish, but if it's "not planets for SE".... The tweet doesn't make me very happy either. SE-related news are looking less and less likely.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  3. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Yeah, looks like it's a new project... Which is kinda sad.
    Or maybe that's computer monitors for SE computers :D

4. Conradian Moderator

I've got to say that with that screenshot it does seem to be a new project (Add to that the way they've mentioned them being the creators of VRAGE and SE, i.e. Something not related necessarily to either). Which I disagree wholeheartedly with them doing. They're already doing SE and attempting to take up an unrelated AI development project. Their team is too small to do anything else besides.

5. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Attempting? As far as I know they're already working on that AI project for some goid time, also how big is their team actually? I have no current information on this.

I say they are either working with team garry on rust or update the vrage engine.

6. Conradian Moderator

I wasn't too sure if they had fully started work on it. Their team is small, they've said this a couple of times in Q&As since Marek believes it helps keep the vision of SE focused.

7. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Ah okay.

I get more and more the feeling that it will be an engine upgrade, especially because the other post has the vrage logo and marek says it will be more interesting than the Thursday update and we will like it, could of course also just be marketing at work.

8. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

Pessimistic opinion: Good Bye Space Engineers, Hello Planet Explorers Clone.

9. Wolf76200 Trainee Engineer

Imagine, maybe it's a new gamemode ? At least, I hope that it will be about SE (even if that is not looking like to be about SE...)

10. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Marek's moved house and that's the view out of his kitchen window. He needs a good window cleaner.

11. Skeloton Master Engineer

Or maybe he wears glasses and they need to be cleaned?

12. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

Maybe it's a bio-dome. Half way house between planets and barren stations.

13. Martinineter Senior Engineer

So athmosphere and pressure? Nice...

14. GalaxyMeridian Apprentice Engineer

I suspect that they have reached some important progress with their VRAGE engine and want to share the work.
    This could potentially add more possibilities to Space Engineers, since it uses the same engine.

They have said many times earlier that they are not going to stop working on Space Engineers.
    We may not be able to expect planetary exploration, but perhaps technical improvements that make additional development possible.

I tend to think it will be something interesting.
    Perhaps some kind of procedural generation development?

15. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well on the Wikipedia page for KSH it does say VRAGE 2 is currently in development so it shouldn't be surprising if it is a VRAGE 2 announcement.

16. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

Also the announcement has a vrage logo, so they maybe changed tge physics engine to a engine that allows rails and is better for multiplayer synchronization?
    One may dream ;)

17. chrisb Senior Engineer

Could it be that they have teamed up with the dev company that tried to KS 'Empyrion'. They already had planets I think in the works, perhaps they got their heads together seeing as the two are very alike. Or, I should say Empyrion is was very like SE.
    Probably not, but who knows..

18. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Is changing engines even possible without basically programming the same game twice?

19. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

20. Skeloton Master Engineer

Well I doubt they're working on VRAGE v3

21. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

22. Conradian Moderator

They announced a while back that they were going to be working on a real life AI project.
    Marek's twitter suggests this is going to be a new project, which I sorely advise against them doing.

23. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

It depends how similar the API of the engines are, for example there is/was a mod for Gmod that changes the physics engine from havok to bullet, though it's quite buggy it works (or at least worked some years ago, no idea if it still exists)
    And that was just a mod.

24. merak Apprentice Engineer

25. havok Apprentice Engineer

god damn i gotta go back to work in 20 mins im gonna miss it !!

26. Martinineter Senior Engineer

DEVELOPMENT

Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0, an in-house game engine developed by Keen Software House.
    VRAGE stands for “volumetric rage” and/or “voxel rage”. More info: www.keenswh.com/vrage.html
    So probably not, as SE is already utilizing that engine, perhaps some changes, but should not be like 'Yo, we are switching from VRAGE 2.0 to 3.5, with directx 11/12, we've replaced the havok engine with some inhouse solution, fixed the netcode to a perfect state, fixed pistons and rotors, released the full modding API+documentation and we are ready for 'Space Engineers: The astroids stike back'TM . So you could say we were busy...'

27. merak Apprentice Engineer

28. Bobylein Apprentice Engineer

29. havok Apprentice Engineer

medieval engineers announced! annoyed but interested.

30. AtlantisThief Apprentice Engineer

Wow ... nope

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.