Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rosa Tweet!? - The Official Medieval Engineers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ManoW, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. havok Apprentice Engineer

not got time to watch, but lsg apparently had an interview with marek about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfOtooxsBAM

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  2. chrisb Senior Engineer

Yep, looks good. Another for the collection, I will support Keen even though it would have been nice to have something to do with SE. Although to be fair, they gave us a great Christmas release for SE, so its win-win..

Where can I buy..:)

I was looking at a few of these types of game, at least here I know it will get regular support from the dev team, so I'll be a customer for sure.

3. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

I feel trolled.

4. soat7ch Junior Engineer

wtf is this?

5. Conradian Moderator

It's honestly their new game. The whole thing feels like an April Fool's but it's real.

6. Spets Master Engineer

Nobody saw it coming, but it looks interesting.
    Im not a fan of medieval things tho

7. merak Apprentice Engineer

will only buy one alpha game at one time and there is not even a date when the game is done, i am startingto Think they will never have it in any other way then alpha

8. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

"In regards to Space Engineers, we are preparing a few major updates within the next months – just a hint: AI, real campaigns and goals, more optimizations and fixes. There is nothing to be afraid of that will affect or change our development plan."

Well, there you go. AI. Happy about that.

9. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

It's where the time and personel for stuff like bug fixes, testing, rails, space whales or my corrupted-beyond-repair-Galaxy-Class went. Because when you have so many people that you can form two teams obviously you cut one half out and do NOT let everyone work on your Alpha stage, barely functioning game. Duh.

10. Conradian Moderator

Not even a date when what game is done? SE or ME? Generally it's because games developed this way don't necessarily come with a guaranteed deadline unlike AAA titles in big corporate offices.

11. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Calm yourselves :D. If you read the blog, it means so much good stuff for SE too. DX11? Hell yes! Voxel hand? Hell yes! AI? Coming within the next few months!

12. soat7ch Junior Engineer

Keen hasn't disappointed me. I still have faith that they will finish SE and not kick the whole community in the balls.

One thing i really wonder about:

How long will it take until somebody makes it to bring a spaceship from SE into ME? :rof:

13. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

And i absolutely LOVE how this new game get's interior decoration right out the bat and in 2077 my engineer is STILL waiting for a toilette.

14. ltdan83 Apprentice Engineer

AI confirmed for SE, hell yeah!!!

15. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Was extremely sceptical until I saw the video. I think it looks fun!
    Hoping for squishy foot soldier AI to bash with various contraptions. :)

16. Conradian Moderator

I think everyone is missing the most important feature that'll come from this:
    COMPOUND-FRICKING-BLOCKS!!!
    I have been requesting this feature since I bought the game. Finally!

17. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

While interesting i restrain my Hype by waiting to see if they make it into the game at all. #RailsSayHi(NoTheyDon't)

18. chrisb Senior Engineer

I certainly didn't miss that point.

Bring it on, asap..

19. ltdan83 Apprentice Engineer

I think this will only help with the development of SE. Everything they learn from ME can be put into SE as well. Maybe we will even see planets one day. Compound blocks can lead to a number of things including rails, gears, etc...

20. mhalpern Senior Engineer

I don't know, structural integrity sounds like quite the interesting feature, doesn't take away capabilities, but adds a bit of consideration for warships, and possibly a way to reduce the destructive capabilities of the Yellow Creeper

21. soat7ch Junior Engineer

Well, yeah. But ME has pretty much only interior decorations. No thrusters, No conveyors, No gyroscopes, No artificial mass and no much more. This game lives only from it's physics and the few voxels it has.

I honestly kinda hope that Keen just integrates more of the existing mods into the game, many of the interior decoration blocks look absolutely great.

22. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Me too, Sir, me too. At least give us a table...

23. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

uh, not sure about this. I mean it's cool, but I don't really want a new game at this point. I want more improvement and content for SE. While SE is cool and has great potential, it's still unfinished and could use lots of polishing - exploration is a bit dull, programming is lacking good docs and tutorials and some functionality, pistons and landing gears are evil, and stuff like that...

They said that there's another team doing ME, but does it really mean that SE would be continued as usual? They said that they don't want to only make space games. Does it mean that they got tired of SE?

24. TodesRitter Moderator

http://forums.keenswh.com/post/why-medieval-engineers-when-space-engineers-is-still-not-finished-7248144?pid=1285770526#post1285770526

25. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Yeah, I've seen that. But let me explain a bit... I can't shake off the thought that that game looks better than SE. I mean, it's way easier to make it look good in that setting, I guess, but as RotalHenricsson mentioned, there are cool decorations and stuff and unlike some SE blocks with no texture at all (Large reactors, back side of ramps or ladders) they all look pretty detailed. And in SE setting there are some stuff that's quite hard to implement - like hostile whatever or environmental hazards (uh, meteors...) - unlike same stuff in ME setting (uh, Minecraft has some examples).

Also, we now need the medieval version of Marekini.

26. elch Apprentice Engineer

I really wonder how the survival/realism will be working.
    Creative looks really great and there is no realism problem with it because you're de facto a god there.

In survival however or realism if you will, there are some things which need to be taken in consideration.
    Medieval castles were build by armies of workers and it took years.
    It was essentially a huge grind of resources both to support the construction and to feed/pay the workers.

I mean i can get over the fact that mangonel will be pushed and controlled by a single player.
    But one person shouldn't be capable of building the entire castle in realistic setting.

I don't expect the castle to be build by thousands or hundreds of people, that would completely defeat
    any fun. But to have somewhat realistic game, I think more people should be required for building something large as this.

I'm really can't wait to see how this will be approached.

27. Tony Hughes Junior Engineer

I think it's great, although perhaps for a less obvious reason. They will now have another major source of income for the next few years while they continue to develop SE. It makes it a lot more likely that they'll have the resources, people and time to add all those little things that people have requested in SE, like interior decoration, and won't suddenly shut-down over-night.

28. bostofte Trainee Engineer

Unlike in space engineers where you can build a ship the size of a small moon in survival, alone and with technology that is 60 years beyond us. You are talking about ME being unrealistic, building ships like we do would require thousands of engineers, workers and scientist.

29. elch Apprentice Engineer

The difference is the SE is from future, so there might be something developed to support this approach. We just don't know.

In ME we know.

30. bostofte Trainee Engineer

You are right in that, I just don't expect that kind of technology to be available in 60 years, probably first in 100-200 years. But that is my opinion.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.