Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Rosa Tweet!? - The Official Medieval Engineers Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by ManoW, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Conradian Moderator

Question: Will there be the possibility to cross the two games over, either in a DLC type deal or maybe just mods.
    I.e. Have the ME blockset in SE or vice versa? I'd love to build an asteroid base in SE that has a windmill and a stone keep, then fly off in my great big stone cathedral to burn the heretics.

2. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

[/QUOTE]

Keen hasn't disappointed me. I still have faith that they will finish SE and not kick the whole community in the balls.

[/QUOTE]

Tell that to the community of Miner Wars 2081! There's plenty of people that felt cheated from there. I play it still from time to time. I had thought that maybe they had learned from that experience and was full of optimism about SE and though I will try to remain very positive I cannot resist the trepidation that sits in the back of my mind with this announcement.

There's just so much more they could and should do with SE which is still in alpha and still suffers from some basic problems like landing gear exploding like C4 and Rotors that disappear or explode from time to time, wobbly pistons anyone? So what exists already isn't even very stable yet.

I wish the best to Keen and I continue to hope for the best for SE and even ME but now it is tinged with some :bawl: and :eek !

3. EZ Pickins Trainee Engineer

This could well be the last game I ever buy. It's the game I've wanted forever.

Thanks and congratulations Keen!!

4. Shuro Apprentice Engineer

Lets have usable Outhouses, where you can take the dumps and use them in catapultes. (ಠ⌣ಠ)

5. bostofte Trainee Engineer

They have increased the development times with several hundred percent, for the sole purpose of keeping space engineers developing and make medieval engineers. I have the most trust in these guys, than i have in any other development teams out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  6. Conradian Moderator

You mean that game that was finished.

7. Lancezh Trainee Engineer

Miner Wars was such a disaster that i almost passed on space Engineers out of sheer principle. It took alot of convincing from friends, for me to even consider getting SE. They redeemed themselves somewhat but i tend to forget not so easily.

8. Farindark Apprentice Engineer

Greetings

I suppose that is determined like most things on an individuals point of view, to many early fans of Miner Wars 2081 by their views and expectations it wasn't finished for various reasons. There are already a history of many Early Access/alpha games that were "Finished" though they are barely in a playable state.

I love Space Engineers and have a high regard for the efforts Keen have made with SE it just worries me that they are taking on too much especially if you take a look at what Marek has said in the past about keeping a small team and keeping focus on SE. Now it seems they have changed their view and are growing fast and working on not two but three decent size projects. I don't want to ring the gloom and doom bell but I think my concerns have some foundations from what we have seen so far.

But again I state I hope for the best with goodwill to both Keen and their projects and without doubt I am sure I will chip in and support Medieval Engineers as well with the hope SE and ME go from strength to strength and become the memorable games they deserve to be! :D

9. Kuu Lightwing Senior Engineer

Can you be more specific? What's unfinished about Miner Wars and how they presented the fact that they stop the development?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.