Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Runaway Loot Pods

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Syncronocity, Sep 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Syncronocity Trainee Engineer

Started a fresh single player survival on the Mars planet, started getting to work, and a signal pops up. That of course flips my "ooh shiny" switch so I roll my fledgling rover over to grab it.
    I walk up and just before I tap the button it flies up and starts hopping around like a drunken guinea pig on a pogo stick. I spent a moment contemplating it, trying to decide if it was hilarious or aggravating, and eventually settled on expending most of my starting rifle ammo on it.

All in all enjoyable, and with the utmost possible respect to whomever decided to add those things in, I salute you... but you're a dick.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Wait till you get the one that will roll away at a fairly high speed. FFffffffff___!

3. Noy Apprentice Engineer

The best Strategy is to ram pods at a semi safe speed using a landing gear set to auto lock. then they can't escape.

4. FoolishOwl Junior Engineer

It might make for a good design contest, for vehicles designed specifically to capture pods.

I've been using the "Manipulator Buddy" from Easy Start Moon, which is agile and has good acceleration, and a landing gear right in front. Ideally, a vehicle for capturing pods would have those features, and would let you access the button, before grinding down the pod.

5. ViroMan Senior Engineer

I would love to see a pod that was clang enabled. Hit the button and it self destructs via clang summoning.

6. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

I find it amazing how some of the pods can land on the side of a cliff then proceed to painfully roll down it clunk after clunk and not shatter into a million pieces as if i built it.
    must just be because its extremely light weight..

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Noy Apprentice Engineer

Yeah weight plays a huge factor in durability. Armor block have a force tolerance to receive no damage and just bounce instead. As such, the heavier the ship, the more force a collision at a given speed has.

8. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

I encountered this evil species of loot pod for the first time yesterday.

Spent about 5 minutes chasing it down and got a cow suit. It was worth all the fun. :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Naut Apprentice Engineer

Then you were lucky, i got nothing and almost suffocated trying to get back in time. This bastard container.

I should bring a gun next time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Forcedminer Senior Engineer

bring the precise rifle..Its pretty badass despite its slower fire rate.
    after all do you want to be spraying and praying or actually hitting the target your crosshair is on?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.