Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Sabiroid (Space Spider) - Maybe a complement?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by PsicoPato, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gutsnav Trainee Engineer

How about deer, so they have something to eat?

2. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

PLEASE have Sabiroids hunt deer and stuff that would be so cool... But terrifying at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

Indeed it would add more imersion to the game. =)

4. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

Just imagine one of their huge spiked legs piercing a deer, And the deer just hangs there as it sinks its teeth into its deer shish kebab.

Also we should have some poison variants...
    (yes lets make them more scary -_-)

• Like Like x 2
  5. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

I am all for more scary enemies. =B

There should be a way for us to get something from the Sabiroids to use in other stuff, like to create medicines or chemical weapons.

6. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

We could create an antivenom using their own venom which would be cool and even better would be if we could indeed make chemical weapons such as a venomous gas or bullets. But the gas wouldn't be super effective as everyone wears a suit

7. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

I kind of want them to be super scary.. One way to do that would be to make the animations super realistic and stuff which would be sooo nice

• Like Like x 1
  8. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

I also hope they will make crazy big underground cave networks which i can explore and hopefully pour liquid napalm into because NOPE NOPE NOPE.

But yeah intricate underground cave systems with multiple chambers and such would be amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

With Sabiroid nests. ;D

10. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

You mean the charred remains...

*reloads flamethrower*

11. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

I would love to be able to have a sabiroid or another lifeform as a pet though!

12. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

About that.
    When i was coming with the idea on the OP, i was thinking in adding some extra things. If the game goes in a deeper interaction with Sabiroid and other alien life forms, we should be able to gather DNA, to use it for research of meds and drugs that can increase our engineers body performance for a short amount of time, AND we could create clones of this life forms to help us in diferent tasks.

This would be awesome!

13. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

Im opting in for a fluffy but still deadly variant of the sabiroid

EDIT: And ears, think this [​IMG]
    Combined with this
    [​IMG]
    Photoshop/modding people GO WILD!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  14. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

You mean this?
    [​IMG]

Cuddly spiders would be bad for business. Would you use fluffy spiders as space marines?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

I'm thinking deadly pet here, and yeah i guess that + ears, razor-sharp leg-tips, venom

16. Odious T Apprentice Engineer

17. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

That lil guy is cute :woot:, but yeah a cat/sabiroid hybrid needs cat ears cmon

18. Eternal Visitor Trainee Engineer

well, looks like my scout buggy was armed with good reason.

19. Jzuken Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

"Bugs, Mr. Rico. Zillions of em!"

20. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Break out the flamethrowers! (another personal weapon we need on the workshop to add into our arsenal by the way, not seen one yet) If they make bugs like this with similar aggression I can bet without a doubt you will want
    a fully walled outer perimeter with reinforced gates and an automated defense network. I already have my towers made, just need to work out the walls and gate system.

21. RIPerKilla Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  22. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

Who doesn't want that as a pet its adorable :woot:

23. EternityTide Senior Engineer

I showed this photo of a spider to my younger brother (10)
    [​IMG]

.... he broke down crying....
    I should feel bad. but I don't.

• Like Like x 1
  24. MaxTheManiac Apprentice Engineer

Lol does he have space engineers because he is going to love planets. Also i know how you feel hahahahahah :woot:

25. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Man that's one ugly spider, lol. Some of those I've never seen a picture of before. If any attempt to get near my base they will swiftly be shown the way out in the form of cannon fire. Anyone know if ideas are going to be planned for land mine weapon support? I know we have warhead blocks but what about the kind we can place almost perfectly flat on the ground and are harder to immediately locate?

26. Doruntrus Trainee Engineer

Well, real landmines aren't actually flat, as far as I know. They're partially buried. If you could carry small small ship pieces in inventory then you could make your own with a warhead and sensor (or they could introduce an unpowered pressure switch), then go out and drop them. Alternatively, someone could mod some premade landmines.

27. ben2150 Trainee Engineer

I love the idea of having nests for these creatures, and a fairly wide variety. I want there to be a few nests on the planets. It would be great for the critters not to just spawn in out of thin air, but because of the queen. It would be interesting if they were attracted to reactors, power, or antenna. Basically, being on the planet will draw a few of them to us.

If I may, I would like to add a scout class critter. Something that can get through one block high openings. Weak attack strength and armor, but fast as can be.

Whole ecosystems would be great, but would be a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Nickvr68 Junior Engineer

That is genius. A small ship warhead with a senor on top is all you need and you can bury it very easily with the voxel hand. Can the senor see through voxels at all or does is need line of sight?

29. PsicoPato Senior Engineer

It detects stuff trought the voxel. =)

30. Doruntrus Trainee Engineer

I forget off the top of my head, do sensors need power?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.