Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Sage's Models

Discussion in 'Released and WIP Mods' started by EctoSage, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. EctoSage Trainee Engineer

-----HEADS UP!-----
    You can now use the Steam Workshop to download and install these mods! (8/7/2014)​
    -----HEADS UP!-----

---------------Space Engineer's Custom Models & more, from EctoSage---------------
    Feel free to use these models in any YouTube or Workshop projects you see fit, but please, link back to this page, the mod download page, or my YouTube page http://YouTube.com/user/SleepArtGameEat
    ------------------------Custom Skins------------------------​

--------Marker Character Skin-----
    Dead Space Marker patterns, applied to your character to help you channel it's divine energies.

See this mod here.

Download this mod here.

--------HexGrid Character Skin-----
    A HexGrid Character skin! Super easy installation.

See this mod here.

Download this mod here.

--------HexGrid Character Skin-----
    A HexGrid Character skin! Super easy installation.

See this mod here.

Download this mod here.

------------------------Custom Blocks------------------------​
    -------------Work Desk-------------
    A simple work desk, designed to have a holographic display, but is not actually functional. For RP/Set Dressing.

See this model in game here.

Download this model here.

-------------Civilian Bed-------------
    A civilian bed, fairly straight forward. For better look at it, watch the video below.

-------------Cryo Pods-------------
    A Cryogenic pod designed to keep you safe during a long journey, or keep other things from going.... "off."

-------------Dead Space Marker-------------
    Altman be praised. Follow his divine teachings, & you too can help us reach convergence. ("Small" Marker lacks build states.)

-------------Static Soldier-------------
    A static character holding a weapon, designed to scare off your enemies, and possibly distract turrets.

-----HEADS UP!-----​
    You can now use the Steam Workshop to download and install these mods! (8/7/2014)​
    -----HEADS UP!-----​

2. The_Director Junior Engineer

Hey great job with these!

I saw you had made a short guide on how to import a model to the game, can you make a complete guide start to finish; on how to make, texture and import?

3. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

These are some sweet models! :eek

They are a now a part of a growing collection of custom models (being made by some very talented modellers) that with release of the modding API could hopefully be made functional and even more impressive. The ability to have transparent textures would be equally useful as well.

I also think all your videos are great Sage and very interesting. Keep it up! :cool:

4. riveras Trainee Engineer

hello Sage

Nice work

I was wondering if there is an issue related to the automated installation of your files (zipped) to the SE Modz Block Installer. It seems to hang when i drag and drop the files. The other mods from other people still drag and drop leading to believe there might be an issue

5. dominichello Apprentice Engineer

Some people..my self included have noticed that even with the correct zip format for the installer. It sometimes just doesnt work. Its odd..but has been noted.

If your happy to do it manually i would advise that option.

6. Jakejud Apprentice Engineer

Great work man, keep it up.
    also Great channel I watch your vids all the time.

7. riveras Trainee Engineer

Yep doing that manually and updating block positions so i can get models on Page 2, Fun. Need to save as a backup so I don't have to re-do

8. Guest

Im a big fan Sage. Keep it up.

9. SinisterVin Trainee Engineer

omg its sage! hello sage!! love the channel. i also watch LSG's channel

any suggestions for elevators?

10. emfantryman Trainee Engineer

im doing the marker maually and it still aint workin .

11. emfantryman Trainee Engineer

Im doin it step by step it shows in the game but it has no texture and when i go to use it says do you want to report to space engineers log file. Anyone know what to do?

12. EctoSage Trainee Engineer

Heads up, this has just been updated, in the past there was an issue with a file being named incorrectly, & also it was completely broken in a recent update, & I have just now finished updating the files for it.

13. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Thanks a lot for the update Sage. Your continued support is much appreciated :thumb:! Fingers crossed mods don't get broken with the next update.

14. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

Very nice work Sage, love your designs.

15. Inamortus Trainee Engineer

Loving the models, Sage. I use them on my ships. Just feel they add a great sense of immersion. I've been thinking what might be pretty cool for you to do would be something along the lines of 'random clutter'. As in, a few different blocks that are just things like stacked crates, piles of materials/tools etc., just so as to add to that sense of immersion your current models give.

16. dragonslife Apprentice Engineer

Sage I would like some copies of your (self(?))build ships.... Took me 3 hours to re-create on of your ships according to your video (with a lot of rewinding/playing/pausing).

17. Staxed Trainee Engineer

Any chance of getting screenshots added to the main post? Most of my forum reading is done from places where it's not really feasible for me to watch videos :).

Edit: nevermind...just realized the download links provide that....:) oops

18. Heat6560 Trainee Engineer

When can we expect to see the new models? The operating table would fit perfectly into my hospital station. And having Tazoo's corpse flying around would be fun as well. Because what is a hospital without patients? Lol

19. the voc Trainee Engineer

sahe can we have the custom models in ur survival serice

20. corinmcnerd Apprentice Engineer

Dear sage aka exosage, taking a break?
    ;)
    I am looking forward to see some awesome stuff from you so here a friendly bump.

21. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

Hello Sage. Any chance of getting the medical table you made?

22. VilniusNastavnik Apprentice Engineer

Nice!
    Gonna have to build the marker one.. might end up staring at it changing make us whole.. or might not..
    I cannot mod to save my life so I would love for someone to mod the Space engineer suit to a CEC Engineer suit DS2/3 Variant With the ability to change colours :D
    I ended up running round DS2 in the Forged engineering suit, just liked its colours better.. but hey, that's just me.

23. Blackghost_Pt Trainee Engineer

when can we place it in the mods folder?

by the way the costume models of the suits are very cool

24. Wizlawz Master Engineer

i was wondering if it were to be possible for you or any of the modders to be able to put an asteroid texture in? ..... for ships.

25. Shaostoul Senior Engineer

@Wizlaws, it's possible. The question then comes to. How do you want it to work? Do you want it to overwrite the original texture or do you want a whole new texture, if the latter you'd have a whole other set of blocks as multiple texture variants aren't supported on one block.

26. Wizlawz Master Engineer

oh...idk... you know when you use heavy armor it has that camo look....

idk if the texture could be chosen from the color palet or maybe another option where the create

small ship

large ship

station

is:

small ship / large ship / station / Textures

or maybe a "overwrite" like you say.... all blocks will have asteroid texture period. (?)

whatever would be easier i would think according to the knowledge of the modder

27. DeadWeight4U Junior Engineer

You can do it, I've don't it with my grass blocks

28. Wizlawz Master Engineer

i don't know how...hel i couldn't stand learning BBC (?) that bbcode or bcode...whatever it's called.

29. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Those models are amazing, the skins too. I wonder how hard it is to make a player skin myself...

30. voicesdark Senior Engineer

The ones sage has been doing are pretty much just putting a pattern overlay on top of the already existing suit, that's not hard to do at all.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.