Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Scripted SE Machinima: Deadly Salvage

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Ball&ChainGaming, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Ball&ChainGaming Trainee Engineer

So this is blatant self promotion, but also a genuine request for feedback. We're a husband and wife duo that decided to try out our storytelling skills on you tube, and Space Engineers is a near- perfect tool for making machinima. Please check out our work and let us know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt8Vd5LbM12Cb3x0IaE_qQfShDMac6xqY

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Digging it...

Update:

I got through the first four episodes (the only ones so far). I was really surprised. It was good. I forgot that I was watching something in Space Engineers. Without giving away spoilers: the premise has been done before but it's being done quite well for homemade machinima. The story isn't visually driven with epic battles (thus far). However, a lot of time has been spent in shot selection, camera work (as SE will allow), and some post effects when and where it counts.

There's even some great lines and humor thrown in. Each episode gets better than the last so they're on to something.

So just watch it. :)

Alright... I'm done being the SE animation critic.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ball&ChainGaming Trainee Engineer

Hey! thanks for the positive review. We got the idea for making it when directed(Detrevni) mentioned that he was sick of modern film and tv. Everything seemed so shallow and crude. We're fans of Star Trek and Firefly, and wanted a return to that kind of sci-fi storytelling, so we decided to make it happen! We're so glad you're enjoying the series. Episode 5 is in production and will be out soon!

4. Ball&ChainGaming Trainee Engineer

Episode 5 is up!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

If you're ever in a pinch for some sound design, I'd be happy to throw in once in a while.

6. Ball&ChainGaming Trainee Engineer

Hey, thanks!

In other news!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I'm bumping this thread... just a fan of Deadly Salvage. The script writing is actually well thought out sci-fi. Season 2 gets more in-dept into the plot... a definite recommend for fans of Space Engineers and sci-fi.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ball&ChainGaming Trainee Engineer

9. doncdxx Apprentice Engineer

I just watched the first season. I wasn't expecting it to be that good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Oh hai, thanks for the bumb, @Ronin1973 - that's been thoroughly enjoyable!

11. Calaban Junior Engineer

definately self plug and bump... heck even necro worthy

12. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Please tell some friends about the series. Again, I'm not involved in it or know B&C... but I think the more subs and viewers, the greater the chance of more episodes. It's just good storytelling.

13. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Wilco, they do deserve it -

SPOILER

the scene where Artemis thinks that the engineer is dead and delivers an eulogy got me all kinds of feely.

14. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

Bump for awesomeness, enjoyed every minute of season one. Jumping into what's out of season two right now! :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.