Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Scrolling through tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by MSKGrim, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MSKGrim Trainee Engineer

Hey, did a quick search of the forums but I didn't really see anything for this so I apologize if this has been suggested before. I would just like the simple ability to scroll through the tools on my toolbar without pressing each respective number, such as using the mouse wheel or just two buttons that let you scroll up and down. I'm not sure why this hasn't been implemented yet, or maybe it has and I'm just blind. Either way, it's something I would like to have the ability to do so I don't have to keep fumbling through the number keys.

2. HexZyle Trainee Engineer

Agreed. Although I'm sure
    Any people are proficient with using the number keys to quickly achieve what they want to do, some paced key gamers (or people who become great at remembering the "ticks" of a mousewheel) should have the option to scroll through the hotbar.

Question though, how would you set this up with the zoom function on third person and ship piloting? Those both use the scroll wheel.

EDIT: Nevermind, just thought of the answer myself; you'd restrict zoom adjusting to when the rotate camera key (ALT) is held down.

3. gamerfriendly Trainee Engineer

I like this idea. Simple and very useful. Why has nobody thought of this before?

4. DKSDevil Trainee Engineer

That actually makes a lot of sense. I like it. It wouldn't work for me because I play on a really laggy server so I have to use the keys. Even using the keys on my server sometimes they don't recognize for a couple seconds. That's about the only way that I can see scroll not being beneficial to go through the active tool list.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.