Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

SE Server Extender - Current Releases and Plugins

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by dodexahedron, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. rexxar Senior Engineer

https://github.com/SEServerExtender/SEServerExtender/releases/tag/v1.156.03.928-alpha
    https://github.com/SEServerExtender/EssentialsPlugin/releases/tag/v1.13.07.291-alpha

No one reported any weirdness with the experimental SESE, so it's merged back into mainline. Steam will no longer report you're playing SE when you launch the server. Hooray.
    Essentials has performance improvements in the turret management system. I think this is where all the problems came from. I've been sick and haven't really been up to the task of debugging the performance problems, so if you're still having issues with this release, just go back to 257 until I can get things under control.

@Sudo I'd appreciate it if you start a new thread for your problems, as they aren't really related to SESE. (also this is not the support thread)
    --- Automerge ---
    https://github.com/SEServerExtender/EssentialsPlugin/releases/tag/v1.13.07.296-alpha

Forgot to post this when I uploaded it. I've rolled back all my changes to Essentials from the last few weeks. Once I'm feeling better I'll start adding things back in.

2. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Hi. If it is helpful, simspeed problems at least in my server are started with the v1.13.07.289-alpha.
    v1.13.07.257-alpha with optimized concealment on, works fine for me, but i could not test the enforcement per player so cant say how it worked.

3. rexxar Senior Engineer

4. Guillaume Trainee Engineer

I'm having an issue with SEServerExtender for a while now.

SEServerExtender works wonderfully, & solves the old bug where you couldn't launch SE if you had a dedicated server up.

However, when I try to close the server it doesn't close properly! When I try to close a server, it shows the message

"Server stopped, press any key to close this window"

If I press any key, the window actually stays up. It shows where the log has been saved, and shows another message,

"|Info|Server has stopped running"
    "|Info|Server has been stop"

But the cmd windows is still there!

5. rexxar Senior Engineer

Uh, just click the big red x button in the corner. I know it may sound strange, but this little known feature actually closes most windows.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Guillaume Trainee Engineer

And this may sound strange as well, but "press any key to close this window" is likely to be interpreted as "any key pressed will close the window". :p

I somehow remembered the window closing automatically, so I assumed a bug had caused it to not do so anymore. My bad.

Great job with the Server Extender!

7. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

@rexxar What is the status of discord plugin? is compilable/usable? :)

8. rexxar Senior Engineer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

In simple words what is a ragdoll?

10. rexxar Senior Engineer

Ragdoll is how the character is animated. The arms and legs swing around like they would on a real person. The calculations involve physics, so it can be really slow to update the animations, which is why it was causing problems.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. rexxar Senior Engineer

12. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

sorry, i just moved my post to help sese thread (because i always forget that there are 2 threads) and this is not for help. Thanks for the repply!
    --- Automerge ---
    Planet respawn command is perfect! now i can do it every day automatically. (This isnt very important, but there any way to do weekly?)

13. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Hi @rexxar This appear sometimes with the last essentials. I have no more information than this :(

Code:
    2016-10-28 01:09:58.4512|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:09:58.4512|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:09:59.2496|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:09:59.2496|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:09:59.8354|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:09:59.8354|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:00.0036|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:00.0036|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:00.8395|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:00.8395|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:05.6936|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:10:05.6936|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:22:16.5074|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:22:16.5074|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:22:18.3195|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter
    2016-10-28 01:22:18.3195|Error|EssentialsPlugin.NetworkHandlers.BlockNameHandler.Handle|enter

--- Automerge ---
    Another error, with essentials 1.13.7.257(i need roll back from last) with sese 1.159.6.1013

Code:
    2016-10-29 02:12:21.9281|Error|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.ProcessEvent|VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at VRage.Library.Collections.BitStream.ReadInternal(Int32 bitSize)
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerUInt16.Read(BitStream stream, UInt16& value, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializationHelpers.CreateAndRead[TMember](BitStream stream, TMember& result, MySerializer`1 serializer, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Network.MyEventTable.<>c__DisplayClass10`7.<CreateSerializer>b__f(T1 inst, BitStream stream, T2& arg2, T3& arg3, T4& arg4, T5& arg5, T6& arg6, T7& arg7)
      at VRage.Network.CallSite`7.Invoke(BitStream stream, Object obj, Boolean validate)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.Invoke(CallSite callSite, BitStream stream, Object obj, EndpointId source, MyClientStateBase clientState, Boolean validate)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, CallSite site, Object obj, IMyNetObject sendAs, EndpointId source)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, NetworkId networkId, NetworkId blockedNetId, UInt32 eventId, EndpointId sender)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, EndpointId sender)
      at SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.ProcessEvent(MyPacket packet)
    2016-10-29 02:12:22.4164|Error|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.StartServer|System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerUInt16.Read(BitStream stream, UInt16& value, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializationHelpers.CreateAndRead[TMember](BitStream stream, TMember& result, MySerializer`1 serializer, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Network.MyEventTable.<>c__DisplayClass10`7.<CreateSerializer>b__f(T1 inst, BitStream stream, T2& arg2, T3& arg3, T4& arg4, T5& arg5, T6& arg6, T7& arg7)
      at VRage.Network.CallSite`7.Invoke(BitStream stream, Object obj, Boolean validate)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.Invoke(CallSite callSite, BitStream stream, Object obj, EndpointId source, MyClientStateBase clientState, Boolean validate)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationServer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, CallSite site, Object obj, IMyNetObject sendAs, EndpointId source)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, NetworkId networkId, NetworkId blockedNetId, UInt32 eventId, EndpointId sender)
      at VRage.Network.MyReplicationLayer.ProcessEvent(BitStream stream, EndpointId sender)
      at SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.ProcessEvent(MyPacket packet)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.ProcessMessages(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyNetworkReader.Process(TimeSpan lag)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Update()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.UpdateInternal()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunSingleFrame()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.FixedLoop.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Run>b__0()
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.GenericLoop.Run(VoidAction tickCallback)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Platform.Game.RunLoop()
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunInternal()
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunMain(String instanceName, String customPath, Boolean isService, Boolean showConsole)
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
      at SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.StartServer(String instanceName, String overridePath, Boolean useConsole)
        |System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.ProcessMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyTransportLayer.HandleMessage(Byte[] data, Int32 dataSize, UInt64 sender, TimeSpan timestamp)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.ProcessMessages(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.Engine.Networking.MyReceiveQueue.Process(NetworkMessageDelegate handler, TimeSpan delay)
      at Sandbox.MySandboxGame.Run(Boolean customRenderLoop, Action disposeSplashScreen)
      at VRage.Dedicated.DedicatedServer.RunMain(String instanceName, String customPath, Boolean isService, Boolean showConsole)
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
      at SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.StartServer(String instanceName, String overridePath, Boolean useConsole)
    Error when reading using BitReader VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException UInt64 ReadInternal(Int32)    at VRage.Library.Collections.BitStream.ReadInternal(Int32 bitSize)
    Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam System.IO.EndOfStreamException 
    2016-10-29 02:12:22.4333|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.RunServer|Server has stopped running
    2016-10-29 02:12:22.4333|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.UnloadPlugin|Unloading plugin '55f9a14b-4a0c-41c4-b1d3-3bd2c48d5e8a'
    2016-10-29 02:12:22.4804|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.PluginManager.UnloadPlugin|Unloading plugin 'f767bda5-0a8c-4813-85fd-a5a2341778e8'

14. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Last week's update with SE players log in and the server states host has stopped responding. Prior to that it was not an issue. Could it be a setting with the new version that shouldn't be on in the dev branch? Its not playable as players get dropped..

15. Carlosmaid Apprentice Engineer

Another log, may be help.

Code:
    2016-11-02 19:27:09.2674|Error|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.ServerNetworkManager.ProcessEvent|VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerUInt8.Read(BitStream stream, Byte& value, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerArray`1.Read(BitStream stream, TItem[]& value, MySerializeInfo info)
    2016-11-02 19:27:09.6453|Error|SEModAPIInternal.API.Server.DedicatedServerAssemblyWrapper.StartServer|System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerUInt8.Read(BitStream stream, Byte& value, MySerializeInfo info)
      at VRage.Serialization.MySerializerArray`1.Read(BitStream stream, TItem[]& value, MySerializeInfo info)
        |System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException: Error when reading using BitReader ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam
    Error when reading using BitReader VRage.Library.Collections.BitStreamException UInt64 ReadInternal(Int32)    at VRage.Library.Collections.BitStream.ReadInternal(Int32 bitSize)
    Cannot read from bit stream, end of steam System.IO.EndOfStreamException 
    2016-11-02 19:27:09.6609|Info|SEModAPIExtensions.API.Server.RunServer|Server has stopped running

16. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

The automated server restart no longer displays the n when giving players warning about a server restart. When it goes to shut the server down it never brings it back up. Prior to the last two updates it appeared to work fine.
    --- Automerge ---
    New error with today's update... Server starts and soon after it shuts down. This is the dev branch.

[​IMG]

17. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Heya guys, the reset command sounds useful. Where can I find how to use the command or is it built in SESE and a flag? I don't see it?

I see it in the notes. Thanks.

18. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Looking for help with Essentials backup. An error is thrown where it identifies a path that doesn't exist. It indeed does and is where the backups used to take place. This started with the last update. I can't get a backup to work. Rexxar must be on vacation! LOL! I feel like I have been talking with myself for the last couple weeks... Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again in advance...

[​IMG]

19. franky500 Trainee Engineer

shouldnt there be a world folder after the "\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves" or is everything in the root of the saves directory?

20. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

You mean this? Yes. Also, who is your stable version running? I'm having all kinds of issues with the Dev Stream. Since the last patch I can't shut off meteors. Although I don'k know if that's SESE or Keen. I just want the backup to work and the auto restart. Neither of them work.

[​IMG]

21. Phoera Senior Engineer

you can select any path.

22. McyD Apprentice Engineer

The problem is you are not, you hare having SESE backup up the saves folder which has no SBS file in it, instead of the "[D3RP] Planets Unknown v3" folder where the save is located.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  23. franky500 Trainee Engineer

Unless i'm mistaken then your backup path should be set to:

"c:\Users\ryan\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves\[D3RP] Planets Unknown V3\SANDBOX_0_0_0_.sbs" (its missing the actual world folder in the path in your cmd prompt image).

Stable branch is "mostly" fine for me, although i am getting more crashes of late, im fairly sure they are related to entity management though so just going with it at the moment. I've got Meteors off already, i did have them on originally but then removed them weeks ago.

For the auto restart to work you should start the server from the batch file with the instance argument added.

something like:
    Code:
    %windir%/system32/timeout /t 30

SEServerExtender.exe "autostart" "instance=[D3RP] Planets Unknown V3" "autosave=10"

which should be a batch file called RestartApp in the same folder as your SESE Application. the timeout is to allow time for the server to close down fully when the auto restart occurs and the SESE Essentials plugin will add that to the batch file on restart anyway.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  24. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what I have in it's entirety.. It used to work, going to check the restart app.

R:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\SEServerExtender.exe autostart path="C:\Users\ryan\appdata\roaming\spaceengineersdedicated" instance="[D3RP] Planets Unknown v3" autosave=5

The above is the SEServerExtender shortcut which is how I start the server. I do have a restart.bat that has the following in it:

cd /d "R:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64"

SEServerExtender.exe "autostart" "path=C:\Users\ryan\appdata\roaming\spaceengineersdedicated" "instance=[D3RP] Planets Unknown v3" "autosave" "=5"

25. McyD Apprentice Engineer

you do not have to specify the sbs, as SESE knows what it is looking for, only the path.

So: c:\Users\ryan\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves\[D3RP] Planets Unknown V3

As for the Batch I use: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64\SEServerExtender.exe" autostart

This auto starts and auto restarts the instance and runs the set auto save. SESE is not as dumb as it once was it knows which instance you have set to save, so it knows which to run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I don't know why my save folder was missing. When I did the update to SESE or Keen's latest it occured. I know I didn't remove it myself. The back up is at least working. The restart is a different ball game. I want to to restart on crash and also do several restarts a day.

27. McyD Apprentice Engineer

You have made your Batch way to complicated, and unless I am remembering wrong you have it incorrect as well.

this is my restart.app

cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\DedicatedServer64"

SEServerExtender.exe "autostart"

Which auto restarts the server twice a day as I have secheduled. I would say fix your startup batch, fix your save location and everything will work. It is all connected, if SESE does not have the save location set right, it does not know what it is starting up or backing up.

For clarification at one point SESE required many of the startup parameters you have listed, but the program has evolved since then.

28. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Thank you and Franky500 for the help. I tend to make this way too complicated. This server has been running for 3 years now. I've never really have given it a good scrubbing.

For clarification, I have running the restartapp.bat vs. the SEServerExtender short cut I had created. That is what I have been starting - not the restartapp.bat. I will clean up the restartapp.bat now and see how it goes.

By they way , off the subject - Rexxar added the /admin reset planet command. As I have meteors enabled - (it won't disengage from either the last Keen Dev update or Rexxar's last SESE update) they will over time create more map data from impacts. The world reset is great and reduces my map size back to next to nothing. I there away in SESE as in the restart to have it perform that command once a day automatically?

29. McyD Apprentice Engineer

I read mention of the command, but did not look into it yet. I would assume you should be able to put it in the command to run before restart field or set it as a timed command.

30. franky500 Trainee Engineer

i have not been able to reset asteroids with that command successfully yet, I have run the command but had nothing happen, The reset planet command i have run from the SESE Chat window and it ended up hanging the server long enough for Essentials to treat it as crashed. (trying to do too much on a live environment i suspect) Not really something i need anyway as i refresh procedural roids during major cleanups (every 4 - 5 days or so) anyway. Glad we could help.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.