Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

SE Server Extender - Current Releases and Plugins

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by dodexahedron, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I have had good luck with resetting of the planet data. Maybe because player's don't have many structures there. My map will grow 4 to 6 MB a day with meteor's on . I run it from the chat window is SESE and it seems to really reduce the map size. I have tried the /admin reset asteroid, but haven't seen if it affected anything. I think once you get the planet data cleaned and do it once a day with a timed command it will not hang your server anymore...
    --- Automerge ---
    The server crashed upon login. I ran the restartapp.bat to start the server. It seems it never got the hook to restart upon crash which is why I think I had the instance= command in there. I'm not sure or Rexxar's last update is causing some issue with the restart script. Note the SESE gui still say 60ups, however it is clearly not running.. This is crazy.

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  2. rexxar Senior Engineer

The Essentials client mod will fail to load on latest dev, and the plugin will crash if you do anything relating to notifications. If you get a crash relating to MyFontEnum, please don't report it. I'm investigating solutions now.

edit: Client mod updated

edit2: I can make Essentials work on both branches again, but it will take a lot of work, so I'm going to wait and see if Keen reverts the change. If you use any of these features on dev branch, you will likely crash the server:
    • Auto kick/ban in grid protection
    • /admin notify
    • docking
    • tickets

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. rexxar Senior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I'm not sure, this may be because of the changes Keen made, however, even though the server shuts down it never detects a crash and as a result the restartapp.bat never kicks in. I know that is part of Essentials. Is it possible this is something else? The worst issue, I don't know when it goes down until a player notifies me. That could be quick or it could be the next day.

[​IMG]

5. Onslaught_2000 Trainee Engineer

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. demolish50 Senior Engineer

The profile blocks option under the Profiler tab appears to do nothing. Checking it and unchecking it does not change the items that are displayed. Nor does it have any impact on the server's performance.

7. rexxar Senior Engineer

8. Patwar Trainee Engineer

Hello,
    Sorry for this question but, any news for Essentials mod ?
    For me, it is impossible to use Essentials now with new SESE and new stable game update. Client game fails to connect server.

Thank's !

9. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Can the Timed Commands be use for this purpose?

[​IMG]

10. rexxar Senior Engineer

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Patwar Trainee Engineer

Well.... Working again. Don't understand how...

12. rexxar Senior Engineer

13. Spackler Trainee Engineer

I have setup SESE and now want to optimize my server. I have googled to the ends, but cannot find some here is what you should set for optimal server performance. Like what kind of cleanup commands should i be setting in the timed commands? Is there a list of them somewhere. I have seen stuff about resetting the planet from asteroid hits, but have no idea what or how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent all morning looking and just cannot seem to find anything that I am looking for. Thanks for any help.

14. Zubastic Trainee Engineer

Hello. How increase performance of server? Now with online 13:
    [​IMG]

So and high load same again and again.

15. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I would love for someone to put together a recent guide with some basic optimizations using SESE along with how to automate the restarts after a crash. I thought I had that fleshed out and once again the automated restarts after a crash don't work as now the server shuts down but SESE stays up where as before it used to stop responding on a crash... I spend way to much time with my hands in the cookie jar keeping my server on the fringe of running..

16. T.LEE Trainee Engineer

I installed SESE, 2 days was all good. But today, he loaded an old save and re-recorded all new save. I removed sese and space engineers - fix bugs.

17. hiveliberty Trainee Engineer

I have same issue.. In recent weeks, something is going wrong with autosave.. SESE does not save the world (maybe problem is not in SESE).
    SESE and Essentials is latest.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  18. rexxar Senior Engineer

19. Capsuna Apprentice Engineer

Can i make a request? :)
    With the dev branch and all these updates... Would it be possible to have a quick update check and if it returns true trigger a restart after x amount of time so i can run a bat file and update server?
    This would be a wonderful addition, but i understand you are busy.

Really appreciate all the work you do Rexxar!

20. Truttster Trainee Engineer

never mind

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  21. franky500 Trainee Engineer

for the Server Extender The major version number matches the game version so v1.165.05.1040-alpha is for SE version 1.165_05

for the Essentials though i'm not sure theres any relationship.

22. Onslaught_2000 Trainee Engineer

I guys I don't know if this is an SESE issue or just a dedicated server issue, but after the update for stable branch I try to load my dedicated server, but it kept crashing at load up. I then update it to the latest version of SESE, and it begin to load fine. However after loading the world, and mods I was unable to locate any of my meb rooms from the re-spawn screen. I load in with just a space suite, and use space master to try and locate my base ans ships to see if they were just out of power or removed from the world. I was able to locate them, but all of my ships, and base was missing all modded blocks, and a lot of the vanilla blocks. I am not sure what's causing then, because I try loading past backups of the world, but the same thing occurred. I even try having the server re-download all mods to see if that would fix the issue, but no luck. Can anyone tell me what's causing this issue? My game logs are in the link below.
    http://www.fox3dmodels.com/apps/SpaceEngineersFiles/SpaceEngineersDedicated.txt

23. demolish50 Senior Engineer

Just me or do neither of the latest two versions work with the just released hotfix?

24. tunefuldjmike Trainee Engineer

Nope it's broken...

25. Capsuna Apprentice Engineer

mine works

26. Model192 Trainee Engineer

Could you tell me what versions and things you're running? Could you tell me what you have to make it work? My DedicatedServer is also not working with the last patch.

My SEServerExtender crashes into the ground with any of the last 3 or 4 versions, including the most recent release. Would love to know how some people are running it, and others are not.

27. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

mine worked with the beta stable version, but broke with the hotfix.

28. Model192 Trainee Engineer

Mine previously worked with the DEV patch, before beta. Now, it's not, no matter which SEServerExtender I use. :(

29. Capsuna Apprentice Engineer

SESE - 1.165.5.140
    Essentials - 1.13.7.392

30. Model192 Trainee Engineer

Whatever you're doing, do it for me, because none of my stuff works and using their KSH programs just rewrite the errors back into the config files.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.