Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Serious talk... Scratched and "damaged" blocks.

Discussion in 'General' started by LFCavalcanti, Aug 11, 2016.

?

Do you like the new textures being scrathed and/or damaged in some areas?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2016.
  1. Yes, I like the textures showed to us until now.

25.0%
  2. Yes, But I think only metallic parts should be scrachted.

20.5%
  3. I don't have a preference on this.

4.5%
  4. No, let me choose if I want them scratched or not.

38.6%
  5. No, textures should be all undamaged and shinny once created.

11.4%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

As happened with Minecraft....where you can load up texture packs which replace some or all of the textures in game. It swaps them in on load to replace teh vanilla ones ( or not if there is no texture in the pack to replace it with )

With multiplayer....you only see the textures you have installed, so your game looks how you want it....and not a mish mash of others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

I've never played minecraft but yeah, if you don't have the texture loaded, there's a default one... so mods won't break things. But as I said, having a few default styles to choose from... including the worn ones... and being able to apply them as desired to each block would yield some very nice looking designs.

3. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

So don't see that people are arguing whether the new textures are realistic or not and he shows you a real life example of something not scratched to buggery and still looking good.... lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. PLPM Junior Engineer

To be fair, I´m not neccesarily in pro of realism (I´m more in pro of immersion actually). I just don´t want scratches to be over-done to dead in things like interior doors and things it´d be obvious they just put them there because, "why not?"

Still, when he said that he wasn´t even intending about seeing my point at all on the first place, I couldn´t hold a straight face :D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Krougal Senior Engineer

Wow, this discussion is still going on, and even still somewhat on topic.
    Amazing.

Anyway, since general disgust and boredom with SE went back to Empyrion (since they already got my money too) after not playing it since...I bought SE actually.
    So having alternate textures on a block, even different ones on different sides, selected by an ingame tool is actually pretty easily doable. Imagine that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.