Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Server Configuration help?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Deathnick, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Deathnick Trainee Engineer

Hello guys, After 2 years of fun in Space Engineers I decided to get a server to play with (a hosted one), but I ran into some problems as a first timer. Im wondering if someone can link me to some tutorial or help me understand some of the configuration parameters. I will link 2 screenshots from the control panel. Most of the stuff I understand it, but there is stuff i dont get it, like how to make the map procedural, what are the proper variables for it etc. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Deathnick Trainee Engineer

Well found out you just put world size limit to 0 and Procedural Seed value to get a Procedural map :p

3. Telquel Trainee Engineer

MaxFloatingObjects could be smaller 64 maybe tho you have big server so it should not too small.

4. Deathnick Trainee Engineer

well its a server with 128gb ram, 2 Xeons, so I guess it can handle some stuff :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

@Deathnick
    Here's a couple of suggestions from someone running SE DS on a box with 32@3.4ghz cores and 128GB Quad channel ram.

1 - Turn 'ReSpawnshipdelete' to true. Or you'll end up with 300+ Spawn ships floating around.
    2 - VoxelGenerationVersion to '2'
    3 - Turn down max players to 8-12 until we get the new net code.
    4 - Turn down max floating to 64 until net code. You probably won't find most of the extra anyway.
    5 - Download SEToolbox, It will help you keep your server clean.
    6 - You have some unchecked fields
    7 - Set Asteroid amount to 0 , you'll still get a good amount of asteroids.

Have fun.

6. Deathnick Trainee Engineer

Thanks @WraithLeader1, yeah I already changed a lot of stuff, screenshots were taken when I was setting up the server via the control panel thats why some stuff is random (unchecked etc).
    After some tests with my friends, the server is stable (no desync) sim speed is stable at 1.00 unless on loading huge ships or using a shitload of drills. I hope the new netcode is close.

7. WraithLeader1 Apprentice Engineer

No problem..

8. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

Unfortunately I don't believe anything more than 1 core is used and I never see my ds use over 3 or 4 gigs of men usage. If I saw more than 9% of overall gpu utilization happy days must be here or there are 60 broken cargo ships taking up gpu cycles.

9. StormField Apprentice Engineer

^ And it's a shared host - you are sharing those resources with a lot of other people/server instances. You have closer to 1-4 dedicated cores, maybe 8gb ram in your instance, if lucky, and some SSD space - maybe 80gb?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.