Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Server doesn't save worlds

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Napi1996, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Napi1996 Trainee Engineer

The dedicated servers don't save worlds when I close them. :-/
    This should be fixed so that at least one version of the world is saved.

2. DocMop Junior Engineer

Can you at least manually save the world? Or is that saved in the local "nondedicatedserver" folder then?

3. alduric Trainee Engineer

Worlds are saved but server starts new one when u run it.

4. LordXaosa Apprentice Engineer

It will start new one if you won't change config. Open configurator, choose local / console, and choose save game. Save it. After restart it will always use this save game.

5. Drexic Trainee Engineer

Well I dont know what issue the original poster is having but the following is what I am dealing with.

When you start the world on one of the dedicated servers there is no way to save the world. The reason very few people are having this issue is due to the default setting of "Auto Save". I must also mention that if I manually save as the client I can then manually switch to that save.
    If this is intended then I would propose a feature to allow server admins to have the ability to manually save their worlds.

*Edit*
    Actually thats the work around to the issue go into your saves settings and change the <AutoSave>false</AutoSave> to <AutoSave>true</AutoSave>

6. garisat Trainee Engineer

Napi post your Dedi Config

7. Fieselstein Trainee Engineer

you can save the world manually with the SE game. The Admin can push the "Save" button ingame and the world will be saved on the server.. Worked fine for me.

8. CookeRS92 Trainee Engineer

I don't know if my issue is related, But I recently shut down my server (hit 'stop" and then "Exit") - Next time I launched it, the server was about 8 hours back in time... Which was a lot of lost progress... I didn't actively hit 'save' or anything, And i checked my config files and "Autosave" is set to "True"... So I'm both annoyed, and confused on this one...

Does the server autosave? if so, how often?

Where did all my progress go?

Does the server save before 'closing' when I hit "Stop"?

9. Mishka Junior Engineer

The servers should auto save every 5minutes, i only run Console ones not Service though so it may be an issue with service servers

10. Drexic Trainee Engineer

The server will auto save only if the world has Auto Save true in the settings. So you end up loosing world progress.

As user Fieselstein said in his post just save it in your player instance and then an admin load the newest instance. Just remember to keep your character in a station or something that wont run out of energy quickly before you save.

*Edit*

I should add that I am running a service server and the world I run was a previous save that did not have the option for auto save selected (and found out the hard way that it didn't save automatically). It was previously turned off in game by me to keep a tad of immersion. :p

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.